I tried to send pics, but noticed I have no MMS icon or option. My ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

miafun no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    249FC146

New to the BB World...HELP!!

Advertisement

I tried to send pics, but noticed I have no MMS icon or option. My carrier is cingular/att and I have a basic data plan of 5M a month. Is this sufficient or do I need to upgrade? Second, I cannot receive any email on pearl. I knew hotmail might be difficult, but I set up a gmail account and don't know what to do. Third I can't find my home wireless network, where do I start to look.

I know it's alot of questions, but if you can help with any one of the above. I will truly appreciate it. Or point to a link.

Many thanks to the many pinstackers of the world.

MIAmi FUN

cyberspastic no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: New to the BB World...HELP!!

You need to get a Blackberry data plan to make the most of your Blackberry -- without it you're limited as to what you can do.

Smith1 no está en línea Stack level 1

Probably best to give Cing a call, they will need to provision the MMS service on your SIM and also provision the blackberry service if it hasnt already been. When you turned the device on you should have been promted to set up the email accounts you would like to be pushed to the Blackberry. After which you would start to receive your new email. It should have been as simple as that.

Ps. to use hotmail, you need to sign up for hotmail plus which enables pop3 access ($10 annually I think). Gmail will work fine...

Lowrider no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask

Welcome to PinStack!
    -----------------------------------
    Thx a lot!
    Low
    OSU Buckeye's # 1

cchvz no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23f293e3

Agree with prev post. Just call Cingular. I had the same prob and the res fixed it in a few minutes. Call from landline though since they will have you powercycle your phone. Good luck.