Hey. I just got my pearl this morning, I was sick of my sidekick and ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

jaded42 no está en línea Stack level 1

New to the BB community

Advertisement

Hey.

I just got my pearl this morning, I was sick of my sidekick and I love it so far. Although, I really don't know what I'm doing, I'm trying to get the hang of it. Right now i have the hour glass constanly "thinking".. i don't think it should be doing this. I went in my log and cleared it to make sure there weren't apps running.. what else could it be??

synik103 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    OICU812

Re: New to the BB community

welcome to the stacks! can you fill us in on what you might have been doing when the hourglass showed up? maybe installing something, accessing pics or music on your memory card?
    The above commentary is for entertainment purposes only. If this was actual joke the tone you just heard would have been followed by emergency response information. It's supposed to be fun people.

Well I was creating email accounts and now they are set up and recieving mail to them. That's all I can think of, I don't have a memory card yet so I haven't downloaded anything on it.

Also when i press the convienence key for voice dailing, it goes to that window and just keeps telling me please wait... it's not prompting me.

PIN/ID
    OICU812

have you tried a battery pull? lots of little ticks like this can be solved with a battery pull. it's usually my first attempt at unsticking a stuck bb.
    The above commentary is for entertainment purposes only. If this was actual joke the tone you just heard would have been followed by emergency response information. It's supposed to be fun people.

squeakr no está en línea Stack level 4

It seems that when you fresh start the system from a hard reset or reboot that it sometimes takes a little to get the links running, so the first times that you access something after the reset it takes a little longer and you get the hourglass, but the next time you access it it is almost instantaneous, or at least that is how mine and the wife's are working.

Thanks, I did a battery pull and it's back to normal.

PIN/ID
    OICU812

two points! haha jk. glad to hear it worked.

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax

jaded42, welcome to the stacks. You came to the right place to learn more about your device. Synik is dead on with his suggestion. Any time you are having a problem with your phone, the first thing to try is a battery pull reset. Leave the battery out for at least 1 or 2 minutes.

Its the miracle cure for a lot of Blackberry Headcolds.
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

dreadz_07 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    241BE587

Quote Originally Posted by jaded42 View Post
    Hey.

I just got my pearl this morning, I was sick of my sidekick and I love it so far. Although, I really don't know what I'm doing, I'm trying to get the hang of it. Right now i have the hour glass constanly "thinking".. i don't think it should be doing this. I went in my log and cleared it to make sure there weren't apps running.. what else could it be??
    well if u the verison is still 4.2 that the onld one u know the cd it come wit u have 2 use that 2 up date it 2 the 4.4 version it will make ya blackberry run a whole lot betta

Founder no está en línea Stack level 3

Question Re: New to the BB community

Quote Originally Posted by dreadz_07 View Post
    well if u the verison is still 4.2 that the onld one u know the cd it come wit u have 2 use that 2 up date it 2 the 4.4 version it will make ya blackberry run a whole lot betta
    What version 4.4???
    AFAIK latest version for 8100 is 4.2.1.108
    In space no one can hear you scream.

Samsung GT-I9505 Galaxy S IV (stock Jelly Bean 4.3)
    Samsung GT-I9505 Galaxy S IV (stock KitKat 4.4.2)
    Samsung GT-I9100 Galaxy S II (CM 10.2)