Hello, I just got the pearl 8100 used and it only came with the phone. ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

jayi41 no está en línea Stack level 1

New to forum and need some help

Advertisement

Hello, I just got the pearl 8100 used and it only came with the phone. (no usb no install cd)

I have a bunch of questions and would really appreciate help with any of them.

1. Is the CD important? I have downloaded the desktop manager from the bb website. But when I restart my computer my computer is looking for a driver and ask for the install CD. Is there a place I can get the drivers I need?

2. Is there a way to delete some of the tones that come on the phone? I have no need for all the varriations of the rings and beeps.

3. I just wanted to confirm that it is not possible to transfer MP3s to the phone through bluetooth? I dont have the USB cable yet and just wanted to make sure it cant be done with out it.

any help would be greatly appreciated.
    thank you-

andyh15 no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: New to forum and need some help

Hey jay
    1. if i am not mistaken the desktop manager comes with all drivers. which manager did u dl? the latest is sp2 you should try re downloading.

2. yea you delete ringtones but you need the manager to be working

3. yes you can use bluetooth for transfers

snoweey no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23f389df

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ok no the disc is uaualy not important try reinstalling dm

The tones show up under media they should be deletable

You canb transfer mp3 via bluetooth with a media card but it its the whole song its slow

Hopes this helps

Hi thanks for the info, I have downloaded the latest version of the desktop manager with the sp2. So im not sure why my computer keeps asking for a install CD or a driver.

As for the bluetooth transfering of MP3s I thought you could only do so by connecting it to the USB. If this is untrue can someone tell me how to do this via bluetooth? I tried last night and was not able to transfer an mp3 to my phone.

Thank you again.

magellan0547 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    242E7D27

jayi41

1. you don't need the CD...in fact the Desktop Manager (DM) that comes on the cd is probably old...get the newest DM from the t-mobile website...it comes with either the Roxio media manager or without...whatever you prefer (i got it with the manager)...believe it's version 4.2.2.14 for the newest DM. Also make sure you get the newest OS for the pearl which is 4.2.1.107.

2. unfortunately there isn't a way to delete a single ringtone...you end up having to delete them all...but that's why you use your mp3s as ringtones...to get rid of the ringtones: http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ory_pearl.html

3. the pearl can transfer anything via bluetooth...just be wary of large files take large time

you need to pair the devices first before you can do any transfer just remember that

magellan0547 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    242E7D27

to go with that you need to make sure both devices are discoverable...have one find the other...enter pass code on first device (can be any number set you want...it's only temporary) and input same pass code on second device...once they are paired you chose the file you want to send hit menu and select "send using bluetooth"...on the other device you must hit menu and "receive using bluetooth" in order to get the transfer started...then just stay withing 90 feet so you don't lose connectivity

Thanks for the replies,

I have the phone paired to my computer, when I open the desktop manager and click on the media icon, it says I can only use this function while connected via USB.

Am I doing something wrong? I already went under the options and selected and enabled USB connection on the desktop manager. Is ther something else I can do?

1. Open the BlackBerry® Desktop Manager.
    2. On the Options menu, click Connection settings.
    3. Select the Enable Bluetooth® Support check box.
    4. Click Configure Bluetooth.
    5. Click Add.
    6. In the Bluetooth devices list, click your BlackBerry device.
    7. Click OK.
    8. Click Detect.

Hi Ive completed all the steps listed above, but when I click on media manager icon it gives me the message "media manager is only supported using the USB connection, to run media manager connect your device to your computer using USB cable"

Is there anything else I can do? or is that message not normal? I know my phone is paired with my computer because I have done the above steps and my phone is connected to my compter but I dont have a USB and was wondering how to just transfer over an mp3 to my phone via bluetooth if this is possible and someone knows how to do this. I would appreciate it.

thank you

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Quote Originally Posted by jayi41
    Hi Ive completed all the steps listed above, but when I click on media manager icon it gives me the message "media manager is only supported using the USB connection, to run media manager connect your device to your computer using USB cable"

Is there anything else I can do? or is that message not normal? I know my phone is paired with my computer because I have done the above steps and my phone is connected to my compter but I dont have a USB and was wondering how to just transfer over an mp3 to my phone via bluetooth if this is possible and someone knows how to do this. I would appreciate it.

thank you
    jay welcome to the stacks.

Try this thread...it may require some work though. It took me forever to get it to work right.
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...nectivity.html

your best bet is just to go to radio shack and grab a $10 USB to mini USB cable.

let us know how it goes

ok i guess bluetooth is not supported by the media manager. However if you were to right click on the specific file you should see send to --> bluetooth device then from there you select your handheld. You must go into media player --> receive using bluetooth and the transfer should start.

also agree with reddog sometimes from my experience the program picks up the bluetooth other times not its weird that way

Thanks to everyone for their help, I am going to try the last suggestion and if that doest not work Ill just try to transfer using a usb.

I really appreciate the help thanks again-

VeryBerry no está en línea Stack level 3

I agree you should get a usb cable, it's a lot less hassle (imo), no pairing, receive using bluetooth, etc., just plug and go (drag and drop). Also I believe it will install the drivers when it is connected by usb.