Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

maybe try a different file? picture or something?... BlackBerry Pearl forum

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Re: New to BlackBerry Pearl (8100c) - Bluetooth and Pinning

Advertisement

maybe try a different file? picture or something?

Sam2k no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by reddog187
    maybe try a different file? picture or something?
    I got the same error with a .jpg.

Cingular support was no use. They just directed me to Blackberry technical support. I don't have any way to get past RIM's initial technical support menu because I don't have a carrier code or t-support code or something.

edit: I called cingular back and they told me to enter 0000 or 1111 when it told me to enter a carrier code. 1111 worked, but I've been on hold waiting for 15 minutes.
    Last edited by Sam2k; 04-17-2007 at 09:47 PM.

antx16 no está en línea Stack level 3

sam this might sound crazy but it could be the length of the filename i know that used to happen in the old days , but who knows i am gonna check and see if there is a maximum length of filename

sam one more thing did the phones pair together ok ??
    Last edited by antx16; 04-17-2007 at 10:31 PM.

Ok, I waited on hold for 30 minutes for BlackBerry support. Their initial response was that it was only possible to transfer files via bluetooth from one blackberry to another. I asked him to check into that and he came back and decided to troubleshoot. We discovered that I can send files from my blackberry to my old phone, but I cannot transfer even the same file back. Trying to transfer the same file back gives the error both if I change the file name and if I do not.

He took my email address and told me that he would contact someone else to see if this issue had been reported before and get back to me in 24-48 hours.

Yes, the phones paired together just fine.

ok sam well it looks to me like the blackberry software is more modern and backwards compatible than your old phone , your old phones firmware is less upwards compatible , does that sound right to you .

Quote Originally Posted by antx16
    ok sam well it looks to me like the blackberry software is more modern and backwards compatible than your old phone , your old phones firmware is less upwards compatible , does that sound right to you .
    That sounds plausible, but the LG Cu500 is a modern phone. If I'm not mistaken, it has only been out for 6 months or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam2k
    That sounds plausible, but the LG Cu500 is a modern phone. If I'm not mistaken, it has only been out for 6 months or so.

yep but that is the phone sam we dont know what firmware is inside , sometimes they bring out new flashy looking models but the firmware is sometimes a year or more old , might be something to look into

Just to give ya'll an update, RIM technical support told me that they would check and see if any other issues like this had been reported and then they would get back with me within 48 hours. They did not, so I have asked Cingular for a refund. I really like the Pearl, but I can't stand devices that don't work properly. Perhaps I'll get another blackberry at some time in the future.

Anyway, thanks for all the help ya'll have offered. I've learned a lot about the pearl thanks to ya'll's (<--what a strange word) help.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam2k
    Just to give ya'll an update, RIM technical support told me that they would check and see if any other issues like this had been reported and then they would get back with me within 48 hours. They did not, so I have asked Cingular for a refund. I really like the Pearl, but I can't stand devices that don't work properly. Perhaps I'll get another blackberry at some time in the future.

Anyway, thanks for all the help ya'll have offered. I've learned a lot about the pearl thanks to ya'll's (<--what a strange word) help.
    thanks for the come back sam but try and give it another shot we really dont want you to leave

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12