Hey everyone, I'm totally new to Blackberry. I've received the pearl on T-Mobile UK and ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

FMDDDV no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204DCA4E

Question New to Blackberry

Advertisement

Hey everyone,

I'm totally new to Blackberry. I've received the pearl on T-Mobile UK and I like it but I have a few questions.

1) When setting a MP3 as ring tone, it doesn't play the full track...it plays part of it, then restart from the begining.

2) When choosing "vibrate+tone", it vibrates, stops then ring...is that customary on BB...it there an option where it would do both at the same time?

3) When turning the phone on, the keypad is locked...is that also customary...and there's no automatic keypad lock.

4) I think T-Mobile has removed the ability to turn auto-dim on/off... ...how can I get it back?

5) The display turns off way to fast for my liking...I've set it on 60s...can it be done longer?

6) For some reason, the display doesn't light up when I receive SMS...is this customary?

Can't think of anything else right now, but will surely ask away when I do.

Thanks all

bigmarv no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Optional

Re: New to Blackberry

welcome to pinstacks

bigmarv no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Optional

oh that ?, lmbo i still havent figured out how to add mp3 to my 8703e yet. but Need have given me some suggestions. I've notice the display goes fast also

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f

Welcome to stack!

PIN/ID
    204DCA4E

Quote Originally Posted by flash24
    Welcome to stack!
    Thanks flash24...any insits on how to fix these issues?

simplexity no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ask ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by FMDDDV
    Hey everyone,

I'm totally new to Blackberry. I've received the pearl on T-Mobile UK and I like it but I have a few questions.

1) When setting a MP3 as ring tone, it doesn't play the full track...it plays part of it, then restart from the begining.

2) When choosing "vibrate+tone", it vibrates, stops then ring...is that customary on BB...it there an option where it would do both at the same time?

3) When turning the phone on, the keypad is locked...is that also customary...and there's no automatic keypad lock.

4) I think T-Mobile has removed the ability to turn auto-dim on/off... ...how can I get it back?

5) The display turns off way to fast for my liking...I've set it on 60s...can it be done longer?

6) For some reason, the display doesn't light up when I receive SMS...is this customary?

Thanks all
    Woo that's a lot lol. Well, I'm a very new user myself (since Mon., woo hoo!), but here's what I've been able to grasp so far:
    1) I haven't messed with the mp3 ringtones... yet
    2) I'm not sure if you can fix that ring/vibrate thingy... I wish you could
    3)The keypad lock I think you can change in the security settings
    4)To turn the dim off, go to options-settings-screen/keyboard and turn that automatic backlight off
    5) On my pearl I have the option to have the backlight on for up to 2min. that's in options-settings-screen/keyboard too
    6) and i'm not sure about the screen lighting up for sms... i think it's to conserve the battery life that is doesn't.

hopefully someone else can be of more help
    ..::simpLexity::..

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

PIN/ID
    204DCA4E

Quote Originally Posted by simplexity
    Woo that's a lot lol. Well, I'm a very new user myself (since Mon., woo hoo!), but here's what I've been able to grasp so far:
    1) I haven't messed with the mp3 ringtones... yet
    2) I'm not sure if you can fix that ring/vibrate thingy... I wish you could
    3)The keypad lock I think you can change in the security settings
    4)To turn the dim off, go to options-settings-screen/keyboard and turn that automatic backlight off
    5) On my pearl I have the option to have the backlight on for up to 2min. that's in options-settings-screen/keyboard too
    6) and i'm not sure about the screen lighting up for sms... i think it's to conserve the battery life that is doesn't.

hopefully someone else can be of more help
    Cheers, simplexity...I received my phone yesterday and like every new toy, I can't seem to leave it alone and want to learn all their is too know about it...

I don't have the Automatic Backlight setting in my phone, I wonder why (my phone is not set for data yet, could that be the reason?)...or maybe T-Mobile UK decided to remove it...bummer

I can only adjust the it's brightness and timeout (btw you're right, it can be done for up to 2 mins)

No option for autolock though...only upon holstering...whatever that is...

PIN/ID
    204DCA4E

Quote Originally Posted by cp6169
    Hi FM, welcome to pinstack.
    Thanks, cp6169...great site...

I7oobie no está en línea Device Pro

Quote Originally Posted by FMDDDV
    Hey everyone,

Thanks all
    FMDDDV, What os version and platform are you running?

Options>about, and it says it there...
    Black G1 w/Root
    JesusFreke's Moddified RC30 v1.3
    Auto-rotate Enabled
    Auto-rotate Browser Enabled
    Manup's Blue Star 5 Theme

PIN/ID
    204DCA4E

Quote Originally Posted by I7oobie
    FMDDDV, What os version and platform are you running?

Options>about, and it says it there...
    Hey I7oobie,

v4.2.0.51 (Platform 2.2.0.32)

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

FMDDDV, welcome to PinStack.

This is the way other BBs work when in the Holster, but I really don't know about the pearl as to when it will do this.

This is the new OS. I don't know if RIM is going to correct this or not.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Johnni no está en línea Stack level 2

Answer to #1, like you said, you set it as a ringer. Each call is limited to 30 secs, even though you put a full song on, itll most likely cut out after 30 secs.

One thing I like to do is, I use Cool Edit Pro and cut 30 seconds part of a song I like. Then, I load it to my BB. Whenever someone calls, it plays the 30 seconds I want to hear when someone calls. Best of luck to ya.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Johnni, welcome to PinStack.

Let us know if there is anything we can do to help with your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles