Hello, I just got a BB Pearl, it was locked to Tmobile...i got it unlocked ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

red97vette no está en línea Stack level 1

New to BB Pearl, stuff not working

Advertisement

Hello,

I just got a BB Pearl, it was locked to Tmobile...i got it unlocked (im on Cingular), and now im having some trouble. Im trying to go online, but the "browser" option isnt there in the Options list. What is the Enterprise Activation option thats on the list?
    What is the TCP setting under the advanced options? Im confused as to what to put after the "APN" ? I guess for Tmobile it is wap.voicestream.com, but what is it for Cingular?
    Sorry for my newbieness here, im sure these questions have been beat to death before, but any advise would be greatly appreciated!

Dan

nik0 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask

Re: New to BB Pearl, stuff not working

Try resending your service books from the Cingular BIS page.

peterbabiy no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    23DE41AA

Re: New to BB Pearl, stuff not working

if nothing else works do this.

Its called a master reset

Connect your device via USB, open your DM and go to "Backup & Restore" then hit "Backup" and choose a location where u want the file to be saved (my documents, desktop, etc) What it will do is save ALL of your data from the pearl everything from your background pic to your calendar to your media. Ones u done that unplug your device and go to Options/Security Options/General Settings/Hit menu and then select Wipe handheld. This will restore your phone to its original point. Go through the process, it will delete everything but dont worry u saved a file on your PC. After everything is done, plug you device back in, open DM and go to "Backup Restore" and this time hit "Restore" then locate the files u saved and click continue until it starts proccessing.

This will restore everything and bring ALL of your data back. U might also run the set up wizard ones the restore thing is done and your phone went back on.

One last thing, when everything is finished, on your device go to Options/Advanced Options/Host Routing Table and select the one in bold, then hit menu/register now.

Im sure this will bring everything back and your browser. Its not as long of a process as it seems.

Hope this helps!