Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hi everybody, I am seriously thinking of getting the Blackberry Pearl, but I have a ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

enderokc no está en línea Stack level 2

Question New to BB and the Pearl. Lots of Questions!!

Advertisement

Hi everybody, I am seriously thinking of getting the Blackberry Pearl, but I have a few questions about the Pearl and the Blackberry service with T-Mobile. HELP ME OUT PLEASE

1. How well does the phone connect to Gmail and or POP mail? what I mean is, If I were to set up my gmail account on the phone, would the email get pushed to my phone instantly or would I have to use the browser to get to my email?

2. With the T-Mobile BB service (Myfavs, 1000mins, BB service = $59.99) how is the web surfing?? is it any different then the data plan for non-BB phones?? if not, why is it so much cheaper then??

3. With the BB Maps software, I know you can add a bluetooth GPS to it, but does that program also do turn by turn driving directions?? or is there a better program for that??

Those are my main questions, thanks for all who answer them!!

sanfrancisco no está en línea Stacker

Re: New to BB and the Pearl. Lots of Questions!!

All these questions have been discussed and answered in other threads. Might want to look at them as they are quite informative and way faster than waiting for a response here.

Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by enderokc
    Hi everybody, I am seriously thinking of getting the Blackberry Pearl, but I have a few questions about the Pearl and the Blackberry service with T-Mobile. HELP ME OUT PLEASE

1. How well does the phone connect to Gmail and or POP mail? what I mean is, If I were to set up my gmail account on the phone, would the email get pushed to my phone instantly or would I have to use the browser to get to my email?

2. With the T-Mobile BB service (Myfavs, 1000mins, BB service = $59.99) how is the web surfing?? is it any different then the data plan for non-BB phones?? if not, why is it so much cheaper then??

3. With the BB Maps software, I know you can add a bluetooth GPS to it, but does that program also do turn by turn driving directions?? or is there a better program for that??

Those are my main questions, thanks for all who answer them!!

dwc
    dwc no está en línea Stack level 2

1. Gmail should be instant. Pop could take up to 15 min.

2. Unlimited data is same cost as BB plan ($20 on top of phone plan). Speed is the same.

3. I use Google maps for turn driving directions

I7oobie no está en línea Device Pro

1. I don't have it set-up myself, but I've heard that it works pretty well... And, yes, they would be pushed to the Pearl...

2. The websurfing is a lot better than the GPRS I was using on my 7105t. The myfaves works nicely with the phone. It's also the cheapest bb add-on out there. I think the non-data plan you are refering to is t-zones, which is a T-Mobile only thing...

3. One answer: Google Maps...
    Black G1 w/Root
    JesusFreke's Moddified RC30 v1.3
    Auto-rotate Enabled
    Auto-rotate Browser Enabled
    Manup's Blue Star 5 Theme

dwc
    dwc no está en línea Stack level 2

Doobie is right, if your previous phone was not EDGE enabled, you will see a big performance boost in internet speed with the Pearl.

I7oobie no está en línea Device Pro

Quote Originally Posted by sanfrancisco
    All these questions have been discussed and answered in other threads. Might want to look at them as they are quite informative and way faster than waiting for a response here.

Just my opinion.
    San Fran, we can be helpful and give answers here. We don't have to tell them to search the site, we're not the "other" site... Maybe a nice paste of links would work?
    Black G1 w/Root
    JesusFreke's Moddified RC30 v1.3
    Auto-rotate Enabled
    Auto-rotate Browser Enabled
    Manup's Blue Star 5 Theme

bwgregg no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204C26A9

Can't help you with the first two but Google Maps is better than Blackberry Maps in almost every respect except that it doesn't support GPS. BB Maps does support GPS and does have turn by turn directions, though, so if that's what you're looking for it will work.

Thanks Everyone!! about google maps, I thought you couldnt pair it with a GPS, am I wrong in that assumtion??

also the Data plan I am referring to is the one that you need to get with a PDA phone like the MDA. it requires a $30 fee for unlimited data, and that doesnt include text messages!! Why is it so much more?? just wondering.

thanks bwgregg, you answered my question before I said it

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

ender, take a look at this thread discussed a couple of weeks back on the GPS/Pearl/Maps capabilities...

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...s_weekend.html

great Thanks!!!

PIN/ID
    204C26A9

Any time. I really prefer Google but like you I want it to work with GPS. Hopefully the next Google Maps version will add GPS support and I can use it for everything!

With google maps, does it give you directions?? if so, how does it that work? Does it give you a list of directions, and you just click next or something after you made that turn, it then goes on to the next turn, ect.... until you are there??

JLavino no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E013FB

1. I use my gmail with my BB Pearl and it works awesome. Its instant and copies one to my gmail and my phone.

PIN/ID
    204C26A9

Yes... press 1 for next step 3 for previous step or something like that

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast