I have a new Pearl and have updated the software on my computer. When I ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

mikester no está en línea Stack level 1

New Pearl won't sync

Advertisement

I have a new Pearl and have updated the software on my computer. When I sync my old 7130g, there are no problems. However, the desktop manager won't recognise the Pearl is connected. When I plug it in, I get a message on the handset saying that there isn't enough power to charge and to check the right software is installed. However, the handset does actually charge when plugged in.

Can anyone help me get the thing synchronised?

Thanks

Mike

bbriand no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: New Pearl won't sync

Did your software update on your computer involve a new Operating System? If so which one?

Try plugging the Pearl's cable into different USB ports. How many devices do you have using USB connections? Possibly they are topping out your USBs ability to supply power. If you have some you can remove try that (like BT USB dongle, USB memory stick, Wireless USB adapter, etc...).

Bill

Thanks for the suggestion Bill - I tried unplugging other USB devices and plugging in the Pearl in various ports - however, no solution to the problem.

Re: the software update - it was just an update from Desktop Manager 4.1 to 4.2. No OS update.

Could it be something to do with the fact that I am using an old connection cable that came with my 7130g? Does the Pearl have a different type of cable?

bbriand no está en línea Stack level 3

thats a possibility, with using the old cable, but I'm not sure. I would think it should work.

Try uninstalling DM 4.2, reboot and then reinstall it. While you're doing that pull the battery out of the Pearl for 30 seconds as well.

Bill

I tried the reinstall. Now neither of my Blackberry devices will connect.

Does anyone know if there's a UK helpline for Blackberry that you can call?