Hi Guys, I am new to Blackberry devices! I have just got a Pearl and ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

sparkyweb no está en línea Stack level 2

New Pearl User - Starter issues!

Advertisement

Hi Guys,

I am new to Blackberry devices! I have just got a Pearl and think the phone is great. Although I am technically competant, my work is with technical equipment, I have found the Blackberry somewhat confusing to use.

I have been disappointed with the manual, its pretty shocking to be honest!

Anyway, I have a couple of questions for you guys....

First a little background... I have ported my phone across networks here in the UK, I am on now on o2 carphone having previously been on o2 direct and the port should be carried out today (27/10/06). Not sure weather I should be using the old sim or new sim card. Although the phone had been displaying "data connection refused" till today.

Anyway, the phone says gsm at the top near the signal, should this change to gprs or something?

There does not seem to be any browser on the phone options, where is it?
    How do you set up email forwarding? I can't find much in the manual. I have set up desktop manager but could not see the settings there.

sorry for the long post and my apologies if the questions have been asked before!

Sparky

maz94protege no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    296C692F

Re: New Pearl User - Starter issues!

First WELCOME TO PINSTACK!

Which model phone do you have?

GSM/GPRS - Your phone...May not be in a GPRS or EDGE area. Which Carrier do you have?

The reason it took so long for the "data connection refused" to go away is cause your service carrier was registering your phone....or if you dont pay for the data package on your phone it will not let you fully connect to the data network. Your Net/internet icon is a small globe if you press the menu button and you can scroll down to the "globe/world" icon and then youll be on the net. If your phone just says GSM at the top. the GPRS/EDGE network options may or maynot be able to be used. ie Net. PIN msging, instant msging.

No appologies. Hope some of this info helps.

Goto Menu-options-status... there you will see some useful information but there is a group of digits and numbers next to PIN update your profile (on here) with that. PIN msging if you dont know is a quick direct peer to peer way to msg someone without knowing their phone number. my PIN is under my User name on the left hand side here PIN me if you want or have any other questions.

Welcome to the board!

-Justin

EvolutionCSR no está en línea Stack level 5

Quote Originally Posted by maz94protege
    First WELCOME TO PINSTACK!

Which model phone do you have?
    Quote Originally Posted by sparkyweb
    Hi Guys,

I am new to Blackberry devices! I have just got a Pearl and think the phone is great.
    hehe

Welcome to the Stacks Sparkyweb

sparkyweb no está en línea Stack level 2

Hi thanks for your comments.

I am not surprised that the "data" message disappeared this is due to the porting I would have thought.

There is no globe or world icon on the menu at all.

I am based in England with o2 as my service provider, I know that there is GPRS connections here. My data is on a pay as you go option!

The pin messasging I assume the cost is just amount of data used? If so how much data is an average message?

Sorry for the questions

Sparky

EvolutionCSR no está en línea Stack level 5

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~not sure how much data a pin message uses.

as for your browser try this
    go to options>advanced options>host routing table>hit menu and select register now.