Hi, Appreciate if someone can advise on the below; 1. I checked my device status ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

randyphua no está en línea Stack level 1

new pearl user need help!

Advertisement

Hi,

Appreciate if someone can advise on the below;

1. I checked my device status and found file free is 0 byte. How do I check what are the big size files that is occupying the device memory?

2. How to move or install OTA applications in SD card?

3. My email has wireless reconcil on, and the old mails are automatically deleted from my Pearl, I am not able to view the old emails. I tried wireless reconcil off, the old emails still gets deleted.

Thanks a million.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Re: new pearl user need help!

hey randyphua, I can only answer #2 and you cannot run applications from the SD card. It's only meant for storage of pics and music and this time.

Welcome to the stacks though! someone else should be along to help with the other questions.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Hi randy, welcome to pinstack. Have you tried to remove the battery from your BB and replace it? Let us know how it goes.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

randyphua, Welcome to PinStack.

You might want to delete any unused Language support Modules installed on your device. You can do this from the BB by going to Options/Advanced Options/Applications and deleting them or you can uncheck the unwanted languages in the Applications Loader and removing them that way.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with this problem or your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

randyphua no está en línea Stack level 1

Thanks all for your advise.
    I re-install the batt and remove the unwanted language.. my memory is back to 19M :-)

Any advise on the email missing issue.
    And, is there any way to input Chinese ?

jmarley no está en línea Stack level 2

hey guys..
    i was wondering if you have to have internet on the blackberry to use blackberry messenger? i would like to use it..even though i dont know anyone else that has a blackberry..but still like to know just in case i come across someone.

im new to blackberry but one thing i noticed is that there is so much you can do w/ this pearl i dont think ill ever learn it all..but i want to get the most out of it so i hope i figure some good stuff out. thanks for the help on the bb messenger question, and im sure ill have many more questions to come