I just recently got a new pearl. I've had tmobile service for 2 years and ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

cb201099 no está en línea Stack level 1

New Pearl, same T-Mobile plan, worse signal

Advertisement

I just recently got a new pearl. I've had tmobile service for 2 years and just needed to upgrade phones. I got the pearl and kept the same plan as before, but i'm having a hard time getting good signal strength. My other phone was really old and much cheaper, but it's signal strength was much better in the exact locations then currently with my pearl.

Any thoughts???

Thanks.

Shel no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: New Pearl, same T-Mobile plan, worse signal

Quote Originally Posted by cb201099
    I just recently got a new pearl. I've had tmobile service for 2 years and just needed to upgrade phones. I got the pearl and kept the same plan as before, but i'm having a hard time getting good signal strength. My other phone was really old and much cheaper, but it's signal strength was much better in the exact locations then currently with my pearl.

Any thoughts???

Thanks.
    Strange, I switched from a Nokia to a Pearl, on T-Mo, and have great signal strength.

The Nokia blew away my previous Samsung as far as signal strength. I always figured I was simply in a bad area where I live, and couldn't use my cell. When I switched to the Nokia (for about a week), I was blown away at how well my cell phone worked while I was at home. (My phones all worked alright when I left my residence).

Well, I decided to switch from the Nokia to the Pearl (my 1st bb), and signal strength is still very good, if not as good as the Nokia, while I'm at my home.

Not sure what your problem might be... if it's really bad, I'd suggest seeinga bout an exchange. The Pearl, as a device, does NOT have an issue with signal strength.

Hope this helps in some small way.

peterthill no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    281860C8

Re: New Pearl, same T-Mobile plan, worse signal

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

The Radio could be faulty. Or the Signal from TMO is weaker than the other days. What happens when you put the SIM back in youre old phone? Ist the Signal stronger or as weak as with the Pearl?

HTH
    Peter