Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 15161718192021 LastLast

Oh I know that its very possible that it could just be a coincidence, but ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

mbellew no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Ask&Recv

Re: New Pearl OS from AT&T 4.2.1.96

Advertisement

Oh I know that its very possible that it could just be a coincidence, but it was RIM that said to me that it is a possibility that it was a software corruption... I only thought it fair to mention it... Telling me to "slow my roll" probably isn't the most appropriate way to respond to someone that is just passing on some potentially important information. Thanks...~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

If it was software corruption then it would have been with your OS not recognizing the card or the file structure on the card itself causing the card from being read.

I think what russcrypto was trying to say is that we would rather have a exact cause of the problem, then jumping to conclusions. We do appreciate that you mentioned this and will keep and eye out for this. I just think this is and isolated incident.

javagate no está en línea Stack level 2

What brand of SD cards are shorting out?

Jesse0422 no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by fjl1977
    Well, I downgraded to the original TMO OS yesterday because my pearl was running a little funny. Seems good now, so I will try this new one. Hopefully it will work great.

Where can I find the old TMO os at????? I hate the rogers OS my calls are dropping constantly. It's very fustrating.??????? I tried looking on blackberry.com but I have no idea where to get it could you send me the link. PIN 23EC7130 PLEASE. THANK YOU SO MUCH.

anfrey no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    A5KME41T

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse0422
    Where can I find the old TMO os at????? I hate the rogers OS my calls are dropping constantly. It's very fustrating.??????? I tried looking on blackberry.com but I have no idea where to get it could you send me the link. PIN 23EC7130 PLEASE. THANK YOU SO MUCH.
    http://downloads.infospace.com/8100_Pearl_4.2.0.64.exe

that's the URL directly from t-mobile's site (http://www.t-mobile.com/bbupgrade/)

kayos72 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me

Tmobile.com if you have tmo as a carrier.
    Do us a favor and fill out your profile so we can help you faster thanks
    Been a long while since last login. Sorry all, adjusting to a new life is great and hell at the same time!!

TanBucsFan no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    Ask me!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I have been running this os for almost a week now and have not had any issues with my Micro SD card.

seedyburner no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2438f59d
    I just upgraded to *.96 and I'm having a couple of issues. First I've had to charge my BB everyday this week. I've never done this before. Second I'm still having the blank SMS issue but it also extends to my email sending blank replies. Third when I'm using my comp tethered and I get a call I have to do a battery pull to get connected again. Is anyone else having these issues? I'm considering downgrading.

shadow63 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    242949a0

Which carrier are you on. I am on AT&T and I have none of those issues. I actually downgraded and then decided to give the new OS another shot and this time around I seem to be doing alot better. I get about 2 days out of my Pearl. Depending on how much use it has.

jen86fur no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20f7ac61

i downloaded this new os and i think its similar to the rogers os but with the new os my phone hasnt froze on me yet....

bafil no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    246de862

So I downgraded back to .73 I can't handle the dropped calls anymore

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

let us know how that works out with the .73 and calls.
    also did you modify the install in any way (delete .cod files etc) ?
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

TanBucsFan no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    Ask me!

I haven't had any dropped calls issues and heck I think I've been on this OS for a few weeks now and the only issue I've had is I still cannot use opera mini. But that's all so far.

bafil no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    246de862

Hey cliff

It seemed I had the dropped calls only on the OS's higher then .73 (1.66, 1.94 and 1.96). I did however come up with a theory and a partial solution to it though. It seemed that if I left my pearls memory as free as possible at all times I wouldn't have as many dropped calls. It didn't get rid of the problem and I was never able to keep any messages on my phone. I also figured out that if I get any kind of message during a call it would drop, but again this was not all the time. Has anyone else noticed this with the dropped call problem? I guess I will stick with .73 until T-MO comes up with a new OS for my T-MO pearl d

ErnieH no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20817CCE

I had dropped calls at first on Rogers .94. I called them about it and they walked me through a reinstall that has totally resolved it. Haven't lost a call for 3 weeks now and was dropping at least one or two a day before the reinstall.

Can't recall their exact instructions but it had an extra step that forced a wipe and proper reinstall. Worth a call to your provider before you give up on .94/.96. Rogers also said if I was not happy afterwards that they would replace the Pearl.