Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021 LastLast

Originally Posted by philf Re: problems I previously mentioned with Google Maps: I just figured ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

micherooo no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: New Pearl OS from AT&T 4.2.1.96

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by philf
    Re: problems I previously mentioned with Google Maps:

I just figured out a fix tonight: I went into Options->Advanced Options->Applications
    There you'll find a list of all installed applications. Highlight Google Maps, and choose Menu. One of the menu choices is to Edit Permissions. I set the permissions for Google Maps all to "Allow", and it now works again. This is Google Maps 1.5.3. Obviously there is some chance that setting Allow may give it permission to do something dangerous to the phone, but I'm *guessing* that this is benign. YMMV.

pmf
    Thank you! I was getting antsy just waiting around for another google update but this WORKED!!! I had to use BB Maps as a backup...and have come to realize it's a great app too (the street names move around as you scroll around so that you can read it---google I can't!)

kidwell61 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2174C23C

Anyone upgrade their Pearl From Cellular One .71 OS. I was just wondering if noticed any differences and if everything upgraded fine.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Quote Originally Posted by kidwell61
    Anyone upgrade their Pearl From Cellular One .71 OS. I was just wondering if noticed any differences and if everything upgraded fine.
    Operating Systems are not Carrier specific...there is a big difference from .71 to 1.96

benison_123 no está en línea Stack level 2

jus t updated my os last night, everything wnet smoothly no difficulties, haven't noticed too much, but haven't played around with it too much either. The one major thing i did notice for me was that when i click into any music folder on my sd card i don't just see half of the name of the file, but it actually reads the name of the song from the tags and labels them accordingly so i actually know which song is which instead of just "track 1"...since i listen to music on it alot this is excellent

RichieSemo no está en línea Stack level 2

I noticed one issue, i just installed the new CitiMobile application from citi bank, it worked with the old OS and doesnt work with the new one for some reason.

mudshovel no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask

My only complaint so far is I wish a carrier would put out an OS that allowed me to adjust the volume of the key sounds when dialing a number!!!!!

i hate that

salvatoretri no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2457af8e

just callled Citibank, they said they are having an issue with the new Pearl op system and are working to correct, give one week...

Kortanis no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24AA980E

Has anyone been able to compile a list of ACTUAL bug fixes/changes/new bugs? I've read through all of this so far, but I haven't been able to actually decipher what are actual fixes or bugs and just peoples percieved ideas. That's not even getting into all of the reports of 'new fixes' from people that were still on really old versions...

I'm mostly looking for a version by version changelog.. I have to maintain them at work for every software product, you'd think RIM would have one too...

RichieSemo no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by salvatoretri
    just callled Citibank, they said they are having an issue with the new Pearl op system and are working to correct, give one week...
    Cool, thanks for the info

Pearl_Diva no está en línea Stack level 2

I need to ask if Opera Mini works with this new OS? I'm on ATT. Thanks!
    Phone junkie! I've tried all types EXCEPT Blackberry! So I'm a BB Noob, please go easy on me, LOL!! I now have 3 Pearls, I guess that means I'm officially an addict?

Daiikun no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    242A31A6

Yes it does. In fact, the new beta from Opera Mini just came out and works very well. Never had a problem with it but just like using the built-in browser more...dunno why...

alwaysbelieve1 no está en línea Stack level 5

Quote Originally Posted by Daiikun
    Yes it does. In fact, the new beta from Opera Mini just came out and works very well. Never had a problem with it but just like using the built-in browser more...dunno why...
    I couldn't agree more about the built in browser. It just seems to be more complete. Besides Opera Mini doesn't go to the sites I want.
    Bob Garon II, Kettlebell Coach

Fitness Has Nothing To Do With Looking Good.
    BobGaronTraining.com

Follow Me At:
    Twitter
    Facebook

tonyd no está en línea Stack level 1

Can anyone tell me where I can download older versions of the OS? I had the original cingular OS, and hastily upgraded...now I want my old cingular theme back..i tried uninstalling the update from the control panel, but it will not downgrade...help?

tonyd no está en línea Stack level 1

Does anyone have an archive of older versions?

walds11 no está en línea Stack level 4

I am still running 4.2.0.71. I have not looked lately. No issues, so I don't plan to upgrade.
    Last edited by walds11; 06-23-2007 at 12:11 PM.