Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Originally Posted by TanBucsFan Have you resent your service books to your phone? Try that ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

alwaysbelieve1 no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: New Pearl OS from AT&T 4.2.1.96

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by TanBucsFan
    Have you resent your service books to your phone? Try that if not, and it should work.
    Tried that and it has not worked. I even verified my TCP settings.

I tried it with the TCP being black and then with the wap.voicestream.com info in there. Isn't it supposed to be blank though?

Anyway- nothing I have tried has worked. What else can I do?
    Bob Garon II, Kettlebell Coach

Fitness Has Nothing To Do With Looking Good.
    BobGaronTraining.com

Follow Me At:
    Twitter
    Facebook

TanBucsFan no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    Ask me!

Hmm that's the main fix I know other than the standard battery pull, sorry.

But I'm sure one of the experts will be along soon and can help you better.

I'm in the home stretch of the download...it took forever for my phone to initialize, longest so far of all the OS downloads I've done so far I think.

teleberry no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23F8AB7F

I just did the upgrade from ATT 0.73
    (I'm TMO)
    So far seems good, I didn't drop the one conversation I have had and the browsers seem to run much faster. Call quality is excellent so far, when I tried Rogers 1.96 the quality seemed exellent at first and then became aweful. That and Opra mini crashed the device, so I downgraded. But a quick test of these issues so far is good with this one. Still lookin foward to TMO's upgrade.

Anyone notice there is a GPS setting under advanced options with this one? They must be getting ready for the next Pearl!

Quote Originally Posted by teleberry
    I just did the upgrade from ATT 0.73
    (I'm TMO)
    So far seems good, I didn't drop the one conversation I have had and the browsers seem to run much faster. Call quality is excellent so far, when I tried Rogers 1.96 the quality seemed exellent at first and then became aweful. That and Opra mini crashed the device, so I downgraded. But a quick test of these issues so far is good with this one. Still lookin foward to TMO's upgrade.

Anyone notice there is a GPS setting under advanced options with this one? They must be getting ready for the next Pearl!
    Nope- the GPS setting was there before. Always has been on my phone.

BobGaronTraining.com

Follow Me At:
    Twitter
    Facebook

My MMS still fails to send or receive.

BobGaronTraining.com

Follow Me At:
    Twitter
    Facebook

TanBucsFan no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    Ask me!

I cannot get my opera mini to connect to the internet with the new OS. I deleted the old one, re-downloaded the program again, set my TCP settings to wap.voicestream.com and made sure my emulator was set to blackberry, but when I do the test on opera mini when it gets to the last step it says failed to connect to internet.

Not sure what else to do at this point...has anyone else had any issues with opera mini on this AT&T OS? Anyone have any suggestions for what I can do to get opera connecting to the internet?

Thanks.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I have never been successful at getting opera mini to connect on any OS. Don't know either.

And now my mms fails.

kayos72 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me

alwaysbelieve1 I also am having MMS issues today, I have had this OS for about 3 days.
    my other pearl is on OS 4.2.0.64

both are tmo service and both are getting a big red X sounds like a tmo prob.
    I was able to send 1 around 10 am then tried around 12 and nothing.

hope this helps
    Been a long while since last login. Sorry all, adjusting to a new life is great and hell at the same time!!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ok good. I thought it was just me. Maybe its so people can't use the free fathers day texting offer they have for today.

No other issues on this OS?

PIN/ID
    ask me

TBF opera ok here sorry?
    just letting ya know
    Been a long while since last login. Sorry all, adjusting to a new life is great and hell at the same time!!

PIN/ID
    ask me

AB1 you may have the issue, too much traffic? I kept getting the call failed in vegas on all star weekend. On the monday there after all was good I will check later on

schmunger no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    317d7c77
    Quote Originally Posted by mysmyrrh
    I'm with you.
    I'm downgrading back to the TMO OS. Everytime a new OS comes along, it works fine for a month or so, and then all the crap starts happening. Too much brouhaha just for a few new icons. TMO will eventually drop a new OS, so I'm going to sit back and continue waiting. Since there aren't that many people I care to talk to anyway, dropped calls don't faze me. Lolol! As long as my bb msgr and email works, I'm good.
    I concur. Used all the major OSs and it always does good for a short period of time. Get hyped up with the cool little features and then all the bugs and gayness starts creeping in... eventually ending up downgrading. This time, I'm staying with TMO's .64. Not a single time has this OS acted up with any errors or bugs for the past 2 months. Only downfall with this OS is the auto dimlight feature not being available but I can live with that. No java errors, media card accessibilily lag, and especially, suretype doesn't duck with me as much compared to previous OSs. With Rogers, always gives me u'm instead of i'm and I would have type it three times to get it right, even after clearing up my custom wordlist options periodically. Suretype actually learns on this OS. Lol.TMO needs to hurry the duck up with an upgrade already. Unless there's a new one that enables my phone to capture video, sticking with .64 or pearl2.

Lastly, I just want to share my most common annoying suretype words:

Tours - yours
    Gags - haha
    Golf - hold
    U'm - I'm
    Duck and butch - ?

And once, American heroes for American herpes.
    Last edited by schmunger; 06-18-2007 at 02:18 AM.

philf no está en línea Stack level 1

New (1 week) unlocked red ATT 8100 here. I did the update to 4.2.1.96 this afternoon. I did the upgrade "by the book" -- i.e., just followed the prompts from Desktop Manager. It took about 1/2 hour. Everything went perfectly. All was back in operation after the upgrade. Before the update I had installed Google Maps, Yahoo! messenger (via the service book restore hack posted elsewhere), and Yahoo! Go. They all came back fine, as did my mail accounts, etc. (internet service, no BES). I lost the Yahoo! saved login info, and maybe a couple of other settings, but overall I was very happy how everything just came back with the restore. I'm not new to this sort of thing in general, but am a 1-week newbie to Blackberry...I was very impressed and pleased how easy this upgrade went. The Pearl (browser especially) does indeed seem slightly faster after the upgrade.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

philf - glad it went so well for u those are the posts i like

check out a new feature for your browser: with browser open, click menu and choose desktop view

hauphan no está en línea Stack level 1

updating now, hopefully the OS is faster for me.

Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast