Page 9 of 31 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ Ok I am sorry I didn't clarify my question better for those ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

bafil no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    246de862

Re: New Pearl OS: 4.2.1.101 Multi-Language

Advertisement

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Ok I am sorry I didn't clarify my question better for those of you out there that don't understand what the dropped call problem is let me tell you how frustrating of an annoyance it is. The problem has been a bug since the TIM 1.66 OS and has been reported on every new OS since (1.66, 1.94 and the latest before 1.96). What happens is that during a call all of a sudden it will drop out but you will have no signal problem and it can happen randomly. It has nothing to do with area your in and signal strength. These are all the broad and general problems that people have reported including myself. But here are some other things I have gathered from my research of fighting with it. I'm running a T-MO pearl which originally came with .64 and have upgraded to every new OS that has been out and the most stable I have found has been cingy's .73 but I want all the new features so that's why I upgraded. I have posted about the dropped call thing many times and I can't find a solution to it and I know its not an isolated case of a bad pearl because a lot of people have it. That's why I was asking if there is a solid case of no dropped call problem with this new OS. I hope I have clarified enough if not let me know. My thumbs are tired now.

mudshovel no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask

i was about to say, dang! an upgrade again! sheesh

Varekai no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

Well I did the upgrade, and yes, this is definately faster. The apps load up so fast I temporarily loose my eyesight ^_^ Google maps just fly, I have no problems with it, even in the app itself, the satelite views load up so much faster now. Call quality I cant hear much of a difference, as far as dropped calls Ive never had a problem with that in the first place. I love the T-mobile zen theme, and now the menu is all icons, like the Dimension BB Icon theme when I go into it. Im a t-mobile user, definately recomend it for t-mobile users still on .64

getmore4life no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2209848B

Ok I have been using this OS for well as long as its been out. And I must say that im liking it alot.

About the dropped calls issue, I have t-mobile pearl in Los Angeles, i have a solid 2 bars here and have made many calls with this new OS. And i must say havent had not one dropped call ever since the new upgrade.
    Vince
    Pin Me Whenever 2209848B
    California Youth & Government

getmore4life no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2209848B

Oh yeah

Thanks to whoever took my advice and changed the name of this thread. As you can see you have over 2300 post.
    Vince
    Pin Me Whenever 2209848B
    California Youth & Government

mayt0pak no está en línea Stack level 2

I have a question? Can I use the Blackberry Desktop Manager SP1 instead of SP2 when upgrading to this new OS?

coldconfessi no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

works so far good, I still have the slight delay when im texting and trying to put a symbol it drags to load the symbols and drags to press the button and scroll thru them. Ive had this since recent at&t one. Anybody else have this problem

n2SpEeD125 no está en línea Stack level 2

Hey.. Just a thought.. I had a problem with my signal and I think it had to do with the sim card that I had in my phone.. I just received a replacement and the signal is a lot more constant and predictable.. I can't be sure, but i really think the sim card has a LOT to do with how your phone catches and keeps a signal.. Running on the latest AT&T os by the way.. .96.. Just something to look at..

vortec7 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    30487CF1

Quote Originally Posted by bafil
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Ok I am sorry I didn't clarify my question better for those of you out there that don't understand what the dropped call problem is let me tell you how frustrating of an annoyance it is. The problem has been a bug since the TIM 1.66 OS and has been reported on every new OS since (1.66, 1.94 and the latest before 1.96). What happens is that during a call all of a sudden it will drop out but you will have no signal problem and it can happen randomly. It has nothing to do with area your in and signal strength. These are all the broad and general problems that people have reported including myself. But here are some other things I have gathered from my research of fighting with it. I'm running a T-MO pearl which originally came with .64 and have upgraded to every new OS that has been out and the most stable I have found has been cingy's .73 but I want all the new features so that's why I upgraded. I have posted about the dropped call thing many times and I can't find a solution to it and I know its not an isolated case of a bad pearl because a lot of people have it. That's why I was asking if there is a solid case of no dropped call problem with this new OS. I hope I have clarified enough if not let me know. My thumbs are tired now.
    First, I'll say anyone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong (i know you will anyway ) But I am having the same issue that you are and yes it is definately frusterating. However, the Pearl is not to blame. It is the TMO service. I am a TMO customer just north of sacramento, ca where coverage is normally good and still experience this same issue. I have tried complaining to TMO about this issue but let's be honest they've still yet to put out a new OS so it's not really a priority for them.

PIN/ID
    30487CF1

Quote Originally Posted by mayt0pak
    I have a question? Can I use the Blackberry Desktop Manager SP1 instead of SP2 when upgrading to this new OS?
    Why wouldn't you want to be running the latest ver of DM anyway?

anfrey no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    A5KME41T

Quote Originally Posted by vortec7
    Why wouldn't you want to be running the latest ver of DM anyway?
    one word: roxio

PIN/ID
    30487CF1

Quote Originally Posted by anfrey
    one word: roxio

Oh sorry i think roxio is one of the most bloated, spyware, trash programs. lol

To each his own!

n0tad00d no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by evilcaptain
    Just upgraded and everything appears to work except for Yahoo2Go and Google Maps. They both crash with a controlled access exception error. I did some searching and found that it might have something to do with being on a BES. Not sure if others are seeing this issue.
    </SPAN>
    Both work fine for me and I'm on BES.

simeezee no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    215C1928

Where can I find a 4gig MicroSD card? or are you guys talking about SDHC?

evilcaptain no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by n0tad00d
    Both work fine for me and I'm on BES.
    Still happening. I searched and I found that it may have something to do with the security permissions under interactions for keystroke injection and/or browser filters. I have them both as deny and I can't change them. May be because of BES policy. What do you show for those security permissions?</SPAN>

Page 9 of 31 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast