Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 25262728293031 LastLast

Originally Posted by salvatoretri i am trying to load onto my bb...i have downloaded and ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Re: New Pearl OS: 4.2.1.101 Multi-Language

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by salvatoretri
    i am trying to load onto my bb...i have downloaded and saved to the computer....run desktop and nothing happens....in reading through the threads, i see you have to delete the vendor file...where do you delete it?

I have upgraded os's before and have never had a problem...

Please help !!
    First did you install it to you PC? You downloaded and saved but nothing about installing it. Hopefully you did. Then find the vendor file here: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader(the new OS folder)

delete and run the DM and then plug in your BB.

Hope that helps

blownbyboost no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2497293d

Question Re: New Pearl OS: 4.2.1.101 Multi-Language

my biggest problem is I HAVE **** CRAP SERVICE where i live, always in and out, i am using 8100/4.2.0.71 and dont have any major complaints. but i have tried many dif versions higher than this only to have nothing but problem.
    the #1 problem is that while im sitting here with no service and compose an sms and send it, it waits to send till i have service< but with anything higher than .71 as soon as i hit send msg tries to send and ends up RED Xright away. can anyone confirm that this isn a problem on this OS.

THANKZ for anyone who takes the time to reply

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Are there ANY newer OS's out for the Pearl I can use until T-Mo releases theirs next week? I am beginning to think my Pearl hates this OS. I have had to reload it, for the second time since it's been out, today after my Pearl went into another resetting loop.

salvatoretri no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2457af8e
    Quote Originally Posted by reddog187
    First did you install it to you PC? You downloaded and saved but nothing about installing it. Hopefully you did. Then find the vendor file here: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader(the new OS folder)

delete and run the DM and then plug in your BB.

Hope that helps
    RDog, that worked like a charm...thanks for the look-out!!

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Quote Originally Posted by salvatoretri
    RDog, that worked like a charm...thanks for the look-out!!
    Yup anytime

ericjackson no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    PM Me

im having problems trying to do this upgrade on my gf's pearl. mine worked great with no problems, but when i try to install .101 on her laptop it says that it wont install and to verify with the creator that it is a valid windows installer program or whatever. its the same everything as mine. win xp sp2, and desktop mgr sp2. what am i forgetting?

Tarball no está en línea Stack level 1

Ok ok Guys i really need your Help seems like you know how this stuff ´s gonna Work.

I just got the Phone new i made a fault i updated the Desktop Manager Software, and it automatically updated my phone from Handheld version 4.2.0.something to 4.2.1.101 but thats part of the Problem.

Seem like the new Update deactivated my basic support for Hiragana and Katakana, that are Japanese Fonts.Now my Pearl dosnt support it any longer and i cant read the Mails of my Friends.

The support from my Provider said he can do nothing, they dont have the original software.
    So what can i do ?
    How can i fix this without spending money in a extra programm or stuff like that ?

Go back into Desktop Manager>Application Loader. When you get to the list where the languages are, just check the appropriate languages if they are part of that version. Then run AppLoader again and they should be added.

gkg3059 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    204bd5f7

man I dont know why I cant find the option to post a new thread!!!!

I want to post that I allready got software version 4.2.1.103 from T-mobile! any stack mods help me please.
    well I got it in my new pearl that I've got for replacement. yeah it surprised me. they might be just abouy yo release it. when I checked the tmo page they still have .94 there. i find no difference, but its more stable and faster than .96 which is the one I had in my old pearl.
    if anybody has any questions they can pin me at my new pin:23fa6e57 any questions or anything u want me to try. I'll be playing with it and will try to post a thread of my own later.

How did you get it? It hasn't even been posted yet. To post a thread, go to the forum and at the top should be Post New Thread (or something close to that).

PIN/ID
    204bd5f7

well i told u. a new replacement from tmo. i got it this morning. tmo should be about to post their os link!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073
    Go back into Desktop Manager>Application Loader. When you get to the list where the languages are, just check the appropriate languages if they are part of that version. Then run AppLoader again and they should be added.
    That List dosent Exist i dont know where it is gone ?
    The was a Languange List i can Remember that, but it seems that is gone.
    How do i get it back ?

There are only 3 points there:

Eqo
    Google maps
    Google mail

EDIT 2 : Sombody able to export the Languange packets for me ? I dont know, i just need German, English and basic Japanese ? like it was before
    EDIT : I have a LoaderBackup what du i need ?
    What do i need to import ?
    Last edited by Tarball; 08-09-2007 at 06:04 PM.

PIN/ID
    204bd5f7

GaryF no está en línea Stack Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Tarball
    Ok ok Guys i really need your Help seems like you know how this stuff ´s gonna Work.

I just got the Phone new i made a fault i updated the Desktop Manager Software, and it automatically updated my phone from Handheld version 4.2.0.something to 4.2.1.101 but thats part of the Problem.

Seem like the new Update deactivated my basic support for Hiragana and Katakana, that are Japanese Fonts.Now my Pearl dosnt support it any longer and i cant read the Mails of my Friends.

The support from my Provider said he can do nothing, they dont have the original software.
    So what can i do ?
    How can i fix this without spending money in a extra programm or stuff like that ?
    Tarball....where did you get the original language support? Was it a part of your OS or added? If it was in the OS do you recall what version you had? I am assuming you did not keep a zip copy of the old on your desktop?

Here is a nice thread with different carrier OS - http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...are_links.html

Someone posted recently a link where they had storred many older OS on a site - I will look and see if I can find it.
    Last edited by GaryF; 08-09-2007 at 06:18 PM.

The Original Os supported the official European Languanges Like French,German,English but was able to display Japanese execpt of Kanji.

No i have no zip from the old Os,
    i wantet to update the DM but it updatet my firmware somehow

Handheld 4.2.1.101
    Pltf : 2.3.0.80
    Kernel 3.8.4.34

Before it was
    Handheld 4.2.0.something like i said ..

BUT Will This bring the Languange support back ?

I hope i get this solved, wow this is a good forum with quick replys

Im such a Noob,..
    4.2.0.6x maybe it was something like that
    Last edited by Tarball; 08-09-2007 at 06:56 PM.