Page 24 of 31 FirstFirst ... 1920212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Originally Posted by ski837547 It's not a coverage issue. This happened to me in multiple ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

mdspriggs no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ask me

Re: New Pearl OS: 4.2.1.101 Multi-Language

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by ski837547
    It's not a coverage issue. This happened to me in multiple areas of town, and all the areas I experienced the issue, the signal strength was good or excellent. And according to what people are reporting, this is only happening on T-Mobile, and only the 4.2.1.X releases. When people downgrade back to the older releases, the issue disappears.

My guess is there must be something unique with T-Mobile's tower's configuration that is causing this issue with the later releases. And this unique configuration must only be in certain parts of the country.
    It is happening to me too, but I'm on AT&T...so maybe its not limited to just T Mo. AND it happens on other phones, namely my Moto Razr (also on AT&T).

bafil no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    246de862

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I agree with SKI....

It is definatly NOT a signal problem. If you do some research just right here on the pinstack forums you will see that there are plenty reports of this dropped call problem after upgrading a t-mobile pearl to an OS higher then .73.

When people say its a dropped call problem I think they are just saying that because it is very very similar to it because it happens during a call but when it happens you can barely hear a crackling sound and nothing else and you will also notice that your call is still connected. I know this because I have this problem with my T-Mobile pearl.

By the way its not on all T-Mobile pearls either and so far no one knows why this happens either.

briannugent no está en línea Stack level 1

I did the upgrade and it was flawless and worked fine. No noticeable changes although the reason I did was I was told that if I upgraded, I would be able to play media in my car via bluetooth. I have not been able to do so yet

coldconfessi no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

Whoever told you that you would have stereo bluetooth support was wrong, maybe in a later upgrade but don't count on that.

briannugent no está en línea Stack level 1

i never said stereo bluetooth, they told me it would play on my car via bluetooth but not in stereo. here is cut and paste:

Regarding bluetooth configuration, first you need to pair your bluetooth headset with your Pearl 8100 (you can find details on the user manual for the bluetooth device), once paired, mediaPlayer will automatically play through th bluetooth - but be informed that only mono quality playback is atp supported on Pearl (no stereo quality playback - but it is expected that with OS 4.3 release that is supported) This is from the Media Player Supoprt Team for Dollars 5 which found on this forum...

becca415 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24a0b3b4

Re: Fw 4.2.1.101

Quote Originally Posted by tecrishon
    have you deleted vendor.xml?
    How would i do this? my dm isnt showing that theres an update

found it nevermind
    Last edited by becca415; 07-18-2007 at 01:34 PM.
    *Becca*
    Tri-Cities, Michigan
    Store Manager
    at&t

jbean7916 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    245A99C3

Has anyone figured out what's going on with Opera Mini 4 with this update? I can't get mine to connect!! I reset the VPN and everything... still nothing! It just sits at "processing" forever then i get an Error: net.rim.device.cldc.io.waphttp.WAPIOException: null

Any ideas??

jbjackson3004 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23EEF24E

This update will allow the Pearl to support 4gb cards?

Jas_M no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Re: New Pearl OS: 4.2.1.101 Multi-Language

Quote Originally Posted by Jas_M
    I just upgraded to .101, and so far things seem to be going smoothly, aside from one little annoying thing.

When i'm at the home screen and i press the menu button, instead of the icons displaying vertically in one row where i can easily scroll through them from top to bottom, they now appear onscreen in a 4 x 4 grid, similar to the BB Dimension Icon theme, and it's hard to navigate through them this way. It's just too many icons. I can't find any way to alter the menu style. Is this just the way the icons display now? Or is there a way that i can (hopefully) get it back to the way it used to be? I've checked under themes to see if a different one is active, but that's not the case. The active theme is still the T-Mobile Zen theme, so i'm not sure what the deal is.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Anyone? Anyone?

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Quote Originally Posted by jbean7916
    Has anyone figured out what's going on with Opera Mini 4 with this update? I can't get mine to connect!! I reset the VPN and everything... still nothing! It just sits at "processing" forever then i get an Error: net.rim.device.cldc.io.waphttp.WAPIOException: null

Any ideas??
    Connection is flawless but I found a few problems. Don't know what my problems could be related to or how to solve them permanently but:

1) If I try to access my Alerts button on Upoc.com I am not able to.

2) I cannot delete old messages or comments from the respective inboxes on MySpace.com. I can reply to messages just fine.

My workaround to both issues is to use my PC (for MySpace) or WAP on BB (for Upoc).

jbean7916 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    245A99C3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~wow upoc... Haven't used that in forever!

FernandoCepeda no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    205B2C28

I DL n install yesterday, everything seems fine. Definetly faster and faster browsing of the mem card. Ive xperience a lag while surfing the net. It may not be the OS fault, but again its only been a day. Apart from that everything works fine, and the process was fast and easy. I was hesitant to do it because it was my first time... A msg to the newbies... GO AHEAD!.
    And no need to backup files prior to install, it prompts you to backup before it installs so you'll end up double working.

anfrey no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    A5KME41T

Quote Originally Posted by FernandoCepeda
    And no need to backup files prior to install, it prompts you to backup before it installs so you'll end up double working.
    you know what they say.. measure twice, cut once.

I7oobie no está en línea Device Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Jas_M
    Anyone? Anyone?
    I do believe this was a change two OS releases ago.
    Black G1 w/Root
    JesusFreke's Moddified RC30 v1.3
    Auto-rotate Enabled
    Auto-rotate Browser Enabled
    Manup's Blue Star 5 Theme

kidwell61 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2174C23C

Just to give everyone my input on the dropped call thing. My razr held more phone calls in the same places that I am using my pearl. I have Cellular One and never have had these issues until I went to the Pearl. The first OS was .71 and then I went to AT&T's .96. I have used various models of phones: V3, V3I, KRZR, Blade (L6), SE Z520, SE W300, Nokia 6103 (only one that had terrible dropped calls), BB 7130, BB 7100 (7130 was better reception wise) and now the Pearl! Besides the Nokia the Pearl has had the most dropped calls. Definately not a network issue!