Page 19 of 31 FirstFirst ... 1415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Originally Posted by loobola So no one here has 'Sky by mobile' running on there ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

anfrey no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    A5KME41T

Re: New Pearl OS: 4.2.1.101 Multi-Language

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by loobola
    So no one here has 'Sky by mobile' running on there blackberry? The new version doesn't seem to allow this to work at all!
    never heard of it. i'm guessing it has to do with the sky television service?

rabbie303 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask

this is my first OS upgrade I have done so forgive me. I downloaded the upgrade, I click on it and it takes a bit and then after that it says its done but nothing. my OS is still showing as 4.2.1.96...did I do something wrong? I did also upgrade my DM to 4.2.2.14.. Am I doing something wrong? Can someone help with this please? Thanks.
    ~Erich~
    ---60% of the time it works every time--

coldconfessi no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

you installed the os on computer? If so you have to delete the vendor.xml file from there your desktop manager will say there is an upgrade on your BB once you have plugged it in.

Snatcher no está en línea Stack level 2

Hello, first post in the forum but not first time here, have been learning a lot in the past months (including about OS upgrades, this is my second one). So far so good, I have felt slightly better bluetooth connection with earphone. Media card access is better than the previous one (although did not try 4 gb).

One small downside is that last Rogers .96 "felt" quicker when responding to command clicks on the screen (it seems that the OS "lags" some milisseconds more than last Rogers - nothing to be scared of, it just feels like my carrier-provided OS )

Regards, and thank you experienced users for all help I was able to gert from here

PIN/ID
    Just Ask

Quote Originally Posted by coldconfessi
    you installed the os on computer? If so you have to delete the vendor.xml file from there your desktop manager will say there is an upgrade on your BB once you have plugged it in.
    yes i did download it to my laptop. how and where do i delete the vendor.xml file? sorry, like i said im new to this
    ~Erich~

Kortanis no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24AA980E

Quote Originally Posted by SDEEDY
    Wow, great work finding that stuff out. That makes my decision easier because I definitely don't want to void my warranty in the event something happens to my phone related, or not, to the OS upgrade.

I do have one question. What is different between this OS and my AT&T/Cingular carrier OS? (Does AT&T delete any RIM applications when branding my phone?)
    Thanks. The big difference from this OS and one from your provider is that your provider OS has fixes specific to their network. Any new OS from a different provider may or may not have fixes that work for you. Also the provider specific issues people are listing, slow myfaves, etc. are an example of this. That is, if the info I was given can be trusted as 100% accurate. I think it's mostly accurate, the minor version numbers still indicate to me that their is a third party that houses development for these. Theoretically if this was true, each version still is an improvement on the next, however it does not guarantee that a single OS will ever work perfectly for every provider.

@rabbie - No problem, we all start somewhere. Check the first link in my sig for detailed instructions on what to do.

I7oobie no está en línea Device Pro

Quote Originally Posted by rabbie303
    yes i did download it to my laptop. how and where do i delete the vendor.xml file? sorry, like i said im new to this
    c:/PROGRAM FILES/COMMON FILES/RESEARCH IN MOTION/APPLOADER
    Black G1 w/Root
    JesusFreke's Moddified RC30 v1.3
    Auto-rotate Enabled
    Auto-rotate Browser Enabled
    Manup's Blue Star 5 Theme

PIN/ID
    Just Ask

that was too easy finding those i feel like a dork...thanks I7oobie and Kortanis, I deleted the vendor.xml and I am starting the upgrade now. I will let you know how it goes. thanks again.
    ~Erich~

PIN/ID
    Just Ask

So I installed the new OS and everything seems to be ok. Thank you for the help
    ~Erich~

PIN/ID
    24AA980E

Lol, I decided to take the plunge on this OS and jsut got completely messed over. I'm trying to recover now. Got the 'Unable to reconnect to the device during a multi-stage load operation.' Wheee!

PIN/ID
    Just Ask

^^^^ doh that sucks...go figure it was a breeze for me...I do have a question though, when I downloaded the new OS I also downloaded a newer DM. Now I have this Media Manager 9 Roxio stuff on my laptop. What is this and how did it get on with the download? Do I need this or what? thanks
    ~Erich~

PIN/ID
    24AA980E

Got it recovered, now I have to rebuild everything back to how I had it. I lost all of my OTA apps as well. Other than that it looks great.

The Roxio crap is required for the Media manager portion of Desktop manager... I just use mass storage mode, It's easier and faster.

coldconfessi no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

I didnt get no thanks lol

SDEEDY no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by rabbie303
    ^^^^ doh that sucks...go figure it was a breeze for me...I do have a question though, when I downloaded the new OS I also downloaded a newer DM. Now I have this Media Manager 9 Roxio stuff on my laptop. What is this and how did it get on with the download? Do I need this or what? thanks
    Basically that Roxio thing is what you use for now on to transfer media files to and from your phone.

Try it out and see if u like it.

Personally, from what I've heard and seen, its basically a glorified program that allows you to transfer stuff with nice pictures with a user-friendly look. Kinda overboard for my taste as I like the Desktop manager the way it is now, simple and not a hog on memory resources. I heard you can dl DM SP2 w/o the Roxio add-in but I can't find it in the list

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

personally, i don't care for roxio - and ya, not sure how you can get rid of it