Page 16 of 31 FirstFirst ... 1112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
Results 226 to 240 of 460

I updated for the 1st time last night. Since most stackers have done updates with ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

  1. #226
    my968's Avatar
    my968 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    47

    Re: New Pearl OS: 4.2.1.101 Multi-Language

    Advertisement



    I updated for the 1st time last night. Since most stackers have done updates with little or no issues, and Ididn't want to wait for Tmobile to come out with their "official" version I decided to just do it. The install was uneventful and took about 30 minutes or so. Backup was automatic as a part of the install process.

    I have read in several threads that you have to remove the vendor.xml file, and a few that didn't remove it and all seemed to be OK. What is the downside of removing or not removing the vendor file?

    I have not noticed any significant improvement in speed, yet. I did note that in the Media app there is now a folder called Folders with a number of colored icons. Any ideas on how these could be used?
    Thanks,
    dds911

  2. #227
    squeakr's Avatar
    squeakr no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    541

    Re: New Pearl OS: 4.2.1.101 Multi-Language

    Removing or editing the vendor file is what allows the DM to see the correct upgrade for your device as well as to unlock it for all vendor themes and upgrades.. If you don't remove or edit it, the upgrade won't be found and continue if it not branded for your carrier.

  3. #228
    my968's Avatar
    my968 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    47

    Re: New Pearl OS: 4.2.1.101 Multi-Language

    Thanks. I removed the file and opened up DM. I just rebooted and phone seems to be OK.
    Thanks,
    dds911

  4. #229
    my968's Avatar
    my968 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    47
    Having just installed the new os lazy night I am now experiencing significant problems with controlling the roller. It hesitates, fails to move like it did prior to the update.I move the roller and it either does not move or jumps.The sensitivy setting is at the default setting at 70. I did a couple of battery pulls...no difference. Any advice?

  5. #230
    mudshovel's Avatar
    mudshovel no está en línea Stack level 5
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Posts
    1,314

    Re: New Pearl OS: 4.2.1.101 Multi-Language

    Quote Originally Posted by mjwood0
    Updating as we speak. Currently waiting for the white screen with hour glass to go away. Should be able to comment soon!

    By the way -- has anyone tried a 4GB SDHC Card? Would love to hear confirmation that it works.
    a buddy of mine says this OS is compatible with a 4gb micro sd card, and he has his on order. hasn't gotten it yet. so no confirmation that it actually works yet.

  6. #231
    bbraider5.0's Avatar
    bbraider5.0 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    PIN/ID
    23f77c28
    Posts
    6

    Re: New Pearl OS: 4.2.1.101 Multi-Language

    i am having problems with operamini beta 4 with the new OS. It wont load any thing. I did change the TCP setting back to WAP.VOICESTREAM.COM and still nothing. I also tryed a hard reset and downloading the app again but now it cant set up a network connection.

    Im on a Tmo 8100, any one else with this problem?

  7. #232
    drew4flt72's Avatar
    drew4flt72 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    520

    Re: New Pearl OS: 4.2.1.101 Multi-Language

    Quote Originally Posted by mudshovel
    a buddy of mine says this OS is compatible with a 4gb micro sd card, and he has his on order. hasn't gotten it yet. so no confirmation that it actually works yet.
    There have been a couple of confirmations on this thread alone that it indeed does work with a 4GB micro sd card. I saw where someone said they got one for $60 on Amazon.com. That will undoubtedly be my next purchase.

  8. #233
    reddog187's Avatar
    reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    PIN/ID
    STACK
    Posts
    8,907

    Re: New Pearl OS: 4.2.1.101 Multi-Language

    Quote Originally Posted by bbraider5.0
    i am having problems with operamini beta 4 with the new OS. It wont load any thing. I did change the TCP setting back to WAP.VOICESTREAM.COM and still nothing. I also tryed a hard reset and downloading the app again but now it cant set up a network connection.

    Im on a Tmo 8100, any one else with this problem?
    Double check if you put the wap.voicestream.com in correctly. Totally erase it and type in back in. Sometimes you actually accidentally stick a space on the end and it will mess things up. It has happened numerous times to people. My beta works...other than that I'm not sure what it could be.

    Does opera mini 3.1 work on your phone? If you have it installed still. You may want to give that a try.

  9. #234
    Kortanis's Avatar
    Kortanis no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    May 2007
    PIN/ID
    24AA980E
    Posts
    343

    Re: New Pearl OS: 4.2.1.101 Multi-Language

    I'd hate to think this, however I navigated to Mobilkom Austria / A1 8100 downloads section from their main site and the page is completely different, as well is their current 8100 BB OS.

    http://www.a1.net/CDA/navigation/pp4...tml-de,00.html

    and the direct link to the download as well...
    http://www.a1.net/downloadcenter/bla...A4_1_0_256.exe

    They are showing that their current OS is 4.1.0.25. If you go to the members.a1.com subdomain you get merely redirected to the available A1 home page. If you view the certificate for the 0.25 it does list as an RIM 7100 OS however.

    The big reason that this disturbs me is that NEW OS link takes you to a members page that you don't have to log into, it looks completely different from the main site and even the downloads section for A1, and has no logos or links to get to the actual A1 site.

    Has anyone actually confirmed this release by A1 or RIM? I can find no info about it expect on this lone mystery page. I totally agree that sometimes comapnies goof and make a software release seem less than official, however Mobilkom has an existing site for thier downloads and this link is not it.

    I'm not sure what to think really..
    Last edited by Kortanis; 07-09-2007 at 11:24 PM.

  10. #235
    RemyKirin's Avatar
    RemyKirin no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    May 2007
    PIN/ID
    Ask me
    Posts
    706

    Re: New Pearl OS: 4.2.1.101 Multi-Language

    Hmm I got the download from the links in this thread and works fine. If that site you saw looks as shoty as you describe I would stay away from it in general. Who knows qhats going on with it.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

  11. #236
    vortec7's Avatar
    vortec7 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    PIN/ID
    30487CF1
    Posts
    531

    Re: New Pearl OS: 4.2.1.101 Multi-Language

    Quote Originally Posted by Kortanis
    I'd hate to think this, however I navigated to Mobilkom Austria / A1 8100 downloads section from their main site and the page is completely different, as well is their current 8100 BB OS.

    http://www.a1.net/CDA/navigation/pp4...tml-de,00.html

    and the direct link to the download as well...
    http://www.a1.net/downloadcenter/bla...A4_1_0_256.exe

    They are showing that their current OS is 4.1.0.25. If you go to the members.a1.com subdomain you get merely redirected to the available A1 home page. If you view the certificate for the 0.25 it does list as an RIM 7100 OS however.

    The big reason that this disturbs me is that NEW OS link takes you to a members page that you don't have to log into, it looks completely different from the main site and even the downloads section for A1, and has no logos or links to get to the actual A1 site.

    Has anyone actually confirmed this release by A1 or RIM? I can find no info about it expect on this lone mystery page. I totally agree that sometimes comapnies goof and make a software release seem less than official, however Mobilkom has an existing site for thier downloads and this link is not it.

    I'm not sure what to think really..
    Hmm shady......

  12. #237
    LaTuFu's Avatar
    LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax
    Posts
    7,861

    Re: New Pearl OS: 4.2.1.101 Multi-Language

    I don't know what to tell you other than I used the link, the download worked just fine, and the OS is working just fine on my phone. There is another site it can be downloaded from if that one worries you.

  13. #238
    LaTuFu's Avatar
    LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax
    Posts
    7,861

    Re: New Pearl OS: 4.2.1.101 Multi-Language

    Quote Originally Posted by my968
    Having just installed the new os lazy night I am now experiencing significant problems with controlling the roller. It hesitates, fails to move like it did prior to the update.I move the roller and it either does not move or jumps.The sensitivy setting is at the default setting at 70. I did a couple of battery pulls...no difference. Any advice?
    It sounds more like you need to physically clean your roller than an issue with the OS. I would either look at a cleaning procedure like this, or try denatured or rubbing alcohol on a Q-Tip.

    Opera 4 Beta is working just fine on my phone with .101 as well.

  14. #239
    mjwood0's Avatar
    mjwood0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    Posts
    907

    Re: New Pearl OS: 4.2.1.101 Multi-Language

    With regards to where this update comes from. It's definately hosted on the mobilkom server.

    For those interested in geeky stuff:

    members.a1.net = 194.48.124.53
    www.a1.net = 194.48.124.50

    Both of these (in fact the whole 194.xxx.xxx.xxx range is allocated to a provider called RIPE. Their whois page is http://www.ripe.net/whois.

    Checking out the two above IPs, they both are registered to mobilkom.

    There. I put my mind at ease
    As always, just my opinion...
    mjwood0 (at) pinstack (.) com
    Remove PTT | OS Upgrade

  15. #240
    vortec7's Avatar
    vortec7 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    PIN/ID
    30487CF1
    Posts
    531

    Re: New Pearl OS: 4.2.1.101 Multi-Language

    Quote Originally Posted by mjwood0
    With regards to where this update comes from. It's definately hosted on the mobilkom server.

    For those interested in geeky stuff:

    members.a1.net = 194.48.124.53
    www.a1.net = 194.48.124.50

    Both of these (in fact the whole 194.xxx.xxx.xxx range is allocated to a provider called RIPE. Their whois page is http://www.ripe.net/whois.

    Checking out the two above IPs, they both are registered to mobilkom.

    There. I put my mind at ease
    And mine too.

    Let the download begin!!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •