Page 15 of 31 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

OK, I went for it... had some major problems with a null java exception error ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

gritsinct no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Re: New Pearl OS: 4.2.1.101 Multi-Language

Advertisement

OK, I went for it... had some major problems with a null java exception error - no idea what that was about! Downgraded back to the prior OS and was still getting that error - so figured what the heck, if I'm going to have to deal with this issue, might as well do it on the latest OS :-D So went back to the .101 and once everything was loaded I restored from a backup I made yesterday... now I'm not getting the error! Everything seems to be running VERY slowly, lots of time waiting for hourglass.... hope this isn't how it's going to remain! Figure I'll give it a day or two and see how it shakes out.

glehman85 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID

Quote Originally Posted by gritsinct
    Everything seems to be running VERY slowly, lots of time waiting for hourglass.... hope this isn't how it's going to remain! Figure I'll give it a day or two and see how it shakes out.
    i alway tell everyone who says this to wait it out. performance will increase once the os get "situated" to its new home

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax

Yeah, pretty much your phone has to "relearn" where everything is stored and how to read it quickly, so the first time you access just about everything after the upgrade, you will notice a longer than usual delay. After that, you should notice much faster operation.

Thats what I was referring to about "data/media renderings". I just go in and open up all the apps I use frequently, get them up and running, then go to the media card and view all the pictures, etc.

gritsinct no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ yup, that's exactly what happened! Didn't notice it on my last upgrade to this extent...and after all the other problems guess it worried me more. Every time I think I'm getting knowledgeable on this thing something else comes up to show what a novice I am! Thanks for the info - you guys are great!

micherooo no está en línea Stack level 3

I agree with the last couple of posts about the lagging....but I know it will improve. After upgrading, I checked my available memory and it increased about 1MB! And it also added back some themes that I've deleted before....so I hope that when I delete the themes I don't need, it should even be BETTER! So far so good. I am still wary whether I will still get dropped calls.....we will see....

UPDATE: Something odd happened. Deleted themes I don't use and my pearl loaded funky (graphics were all out of whack, could barely read anything on my screen). Put my files back and reloaded my App Loader. All is fine now. Just a warning! I find it odd since I have done this successfully before but this time around it failed.
    Last edited by micherooo; 07-09-2007 at 12:27 AM.

anfrey no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    A5KME41T

Quote Originally Posted by micherooo
    I agree with the last couple of posts about the lagging....but I know it will improve. After upgrading, I checked my available memory and it increased about 1MB! And it also added back some themes that I've deleted before....so I hope that when I delete the themes I don't need, it should even be BETTER! So far so good. I am still wary whether I will still get dropped calls.....we will see....

UPDATE: Something odd happened. Deleted themes I don't use and my pearl loaded funky (graphics were all out of whack, could barely read anything on my screen). Put my files back and reloaded my App Loader. All is fine now. Just a warning! I find it odd since I have done this successfully before but this time around it failed.
    let me guess... one of the themes you deleted was the bb dimension zen theme, right? can't delete that one!

micherooo no está en línea Stack level 3

Oooh, I remember reading about that one a long time ago and forgot about not deleting it. oops

TanBucsFan no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    Ask me!

Downloading the new OS to my pc now....hopefully I won't have any issues downloading Opera Mini with this OS. We shall seeeeeee!!

Haider no está en línea Stack level 3

I installed this OS and the only problem I'm having with it that the voice quality of my Jabra JX10 has decreased. Somehow this OS is not as compatible with the Jabra as the Rogers OS was. By the way, I upgraded from the Rogers OS which was very fast and the only problem I had with that was the call dropping issue. It took me 2 or 3 attemts to finally complete a conversation. I haven't had that issue with the 101.....yet. I have my fingers crossed but because I use the Jabra a lot I may have to downgrade to the Cingy 73....which seems to be the most problem free of the OS' I've used. One other thing I may do is a complete wipe using JL Commander and a reinstall. I haven't done that yet....is that something you guys would advise I try as a solution?

nyydynasty no está en línea Stack level 3

i upgraded to this OS a few days ago. I dont notice any difference (including speed). but as long as it works flawlessly, then i'm all for updates!
    www.iamletired.com
    ...come one, come all....

mjwood0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Updating as we speak. Currently waiting for the white screen with hour glass to go away. Should be able to comment soon!

By the way -- has anyone tried a 4GB SDHC Card? Would love to hear confirmation that it works.
    As always, just my opinion...
    mjwood0 (at) pinstack (.) com
    Remove PTT | OS Upgrade

hiatt23 no está en línea Stack level 1

Just loaded the .101 os . tell the truth i see no differences but oh well huh lol

Phish no está en línea Stack level 1

Installed .101 this weekend.. My pearl is noticably faster. Before the upgrade my available memory was consistently hovering around 22-23MB.. After the upgrade, with the exact same configuration, memory is at 29MB.. How is this possible? Regardless, my phone screams now. Memory card access is still slow as hell, but everything else is nearly instantaneous.

I7oobie no está en línea Device Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Phish
    Installed .101 this weekend.. My pearl is noticably faster. Before the upgrade my available memory was consistently hovering around 22-23MB.. After the upgrade, with the exact same configuration, memory is at 29MB.. How is this possible? Regardless, my phone screams now. Memory card access is still slow as hell, but everything else is nearly instantaneous.
    Phish, try this.

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...does_help.html
    Black G1 w/Root
    JesusFreke's Moddified RC30 v1.3
    Auto-rotate Enabled
    Auto-rotate Browser Enabled
    Manup's Blue Star 5 Theme

TanBucsFan no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    Ask me!

Everything seems to be running fine...opera mini is working with no issues which is awesome!!

We shall see..still need time to see how all the apps work and calls and all that good stuff...but so far, so good!