Page 14 of 31 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ Well let me try this suretype out since it changed it to ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Dj Renagade no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: New Pearl OS: 4.2.1.101 Multi-Language

Advertisement

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Well let me try this suretype out since it changed it to that when I upgraded the os

Wow I really like this suretype

simeezee no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    215C1928

Quote Originally Posted by Dj Renagade
    Well let me try this suretype out since it changed it to that when I upgraded the os

Wow I really like this suretype
    hehehe, much faster for me compared to full QWERTY

Varekai no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

I am actually haveing two problems I never had before. One, Im getting a Java error when I try to visit a page on Opera Beta 4, which I never had a problem with before, and second, after useing the web browser for a minute or so, I get a pop up saying a application from Google (Google Maps) is trying to access my phone logs, would you like to allow this? I tell it no. Anyone else have this problem?

8lackPearl no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23DECF97

My opera mini 4 beta is acting up now, when it never did before. Rendering pages takes forever and most of the ime I get a timed out error. My APN setting is correct. I think it's the upgrade!

evilcaptain no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by evilcaptain
    Just upgraded and everything appears to work except for Yahoo2Go and Google Maps. They both crash with a controlled access exception error. I did some searching and found that it might have something to do with being on a BES. Not sure if others are seeing this issue.
    </SPAN>
    I figured it out. For some reason the security permission for these 2 apps had the device settings on deny after the upgrade. I changed it to allow and google maps works. Now to see if it crashes like on os 4.1.0.64. I decided not to reload yahoo@go since I don't really use it but I imagine that it would work with the same change.</SPAN>

jmarley no está en línea Stack level 2

i have a few questions about the BB OS. i am a fairly new user of BB and only had my pearl since Feb. I have never downloaded any other versions of OS. how do i find out which version i have? Also, is it pretty easy to upload this? i am thinking of getting a holux GPS for my pearl, does the version of OS make a difference on whether or not this is compatible?

Encrypt no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    241BC6F6

Hold the Alt button (the arrows in the bottom left) and type "RACE" from your home screen. Then let go of the alt key. It will tell you there. The OS would only help your GPS

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax

[quote=glehman85]
    Quote Originally Posted by LaTuFu
    Forgot to add that part. Yes, blackberry.alx is deleted from the folder. quote]

oh and you are not supposed to delete the blackberry.alx file, its the vendor.alx file you need to delete. could be the reason its not updating. if you deleted the blackberry.alx, then your going to need to download the OS again to your pc because you need that .alx.
    Yeah, I had renamed Blackberry.alx to blackberry.old, so all I had to do was change it back. Deleted the vendor file like I should have in the first place, and it fired right up. Stupid mistake. You'd think I'd never done this before...

glehman85 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID

its ok, we all make mistakes. glad i was able to help you figure it out

shadow63 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    242949a0

I have upgraded to this OS and i must say it is fast. I have not had any problems with it (yet) and all my apps seem to be working like they should be.

dgy2k1 no está en línea Stack level 3

ok. Upgraded to .101. So far so good.

Just one problem. It downgraded Empower back to v70. I have to reinstall the program. It is faster though.
    Last edited by dgy2k1; 07-08-2007 at 06:34 PM.

jmarley no está en línea Stack level 2

thanks encrypt.

it looks like i have 4.2.0.69.

im nervous of getting the newer OS just because its my first time and i dont want to screw anything up. will it be worth it?

gritsinct no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

This is the first time I will be getting an OS update that isn't from my provider (Cingular/AT&T/whatever they're called at the moment).... do I need to do anything different? Will this reset my data plan info to a different provider or is all that info stored on the SIM? I don't want to screw anything else up while trying to fix my current problems!

PIN/ID
    Just Ax

Hehe...The only thing you need to do different is to delete the "vendor.xml" that the new OS will install when you load it on your PC. I am laughing because I've done this several times on my phone, and I totally forgot this step earlier when I was upgrading my phone to .101.

Other than that, the process is the exact same.

The Vendor.xml file is located in Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader

This process only affects the software that runs your phone. It does not affect your Data Plan or other account settings with your wireless carrier.

It sounds like you've done it before with AT&T's OS offerings, so you should have enough background with it that you'll be fine. Just run your backup first and you should be fine.
    Last edited by LaTuFu; 07-08-2007 at 08:34 PM.

PIN/ID
    Just Ax

P.S. Been up and running most of the afternoon. Checked the media card and did all the data/media renderings. Way, Way faster than .96 was running for me. I'm pretty impressed with it so far.