Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Originally Posted by glehman85 bump so whats the deal with this OS? perks? dislikes? tmobile ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

drew4flt72 no está en línea Stack level 4

Re: New Pearl OS: 4.2.1.101 Multi-Language

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by glehman85
    bump

so whats the deal with this OS? perks? dislikes?

tmobile customers, how is it working out for you?

thanks
    It's working out great "g" Here's a couple of differences I've noticed so far:

-Fast start up when powering up the phone from off

-As someone said earlier, the standby works a little faster engaging and taking it out of standby

-(TMo customer) No dropped call issues. This includes the same stretch of freeway that used to cut out on me in the same place all the time

I downloaded it just before going to bed last night so, I didn't get to "play" with it. I'll learn more this weekend.

Paiger850419 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2400E01C

Question Re: New Pearl OS: 4.2.1.101 Multi-Language

okay, i just upgraded to .96 like 4 days ago...should i get this update...the only sluggishness i have is looking at mem care and media files...also while an email is retreiving "more" it takes about 10 sec.

i am on att

thanks stackers

bafil no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    246de862

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Hmmm its tempting.... Should I do it and risk throwing my phone out the window if it drops another call for no reason or do I stick with what's reliable. Hmmmm.... Cool new features or basics hmmmmm....

glehman85 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID

did the update. i really like it so far. will post my thoughts in the morning

getsumbaby no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23EEACCF

Re: Fw 4.2.1.101

Quote Originally Posted by Encrypt
    Edited Blackberry.alx for adding all vendor themes is attached below.

Locate the Blackberry.alx file in the following folder: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\8100-v4.2.1.101_P2.3.0.80 and replace it with the one below. Then run Desktop Manager and Application Loader again. It will install the extra themes.
    I don't have this folder? I don't have the shared folder. Whats up with that?

Ed

Paiger850419 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2400E01C

on the os i have v.96 i dont have a vendor.xml file the only file that i have in the app loader folder is a device.xml file, a loader file, and a bunch of dll files...do i delete the device xml since the vendor file is not there?

nockam no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by vortec7
    First, I'll say anyone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong (i know you will anyway ) But I am having the same issue that you are and yes it is definately frusterating. However, the Pearl is not to blame. It is the TMO service. I am a TMO customer just north of sacramento, ca where coverage is normally good and still experience this same issue. I have tried complaining to TMO about this issue but let's be honest they've still yet to put out a new OS so it's not really a priority for them.
    I have this dropped call issue as well. It is extremely frustrating to be dropped out of a conference call then having to dial back in and re-introduce yourself. I know its a problem with the phone not Tmobile. I drive the same route to work and am on the same calls daily. I didnt have a problem with this on cingulars .73 or any other phone i have ever owned.

I updated to this new version last night and i have continued to have the dropped call issue today. I dont think we should call it dropped calls though. The call never drops it just goes dead silent.
    Last edited by nockam; 07-07-2007 at 12:10 AM.

fjl1977 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E0A975

OK. I did the update and I AM a Tmobile user. I have no issue with dropped calls. I live in Portland, OR. I used to have the problem, but I haven't experienced it yet. In regards to the question about a 4gig microSD card, it does support it. I have one in mine now. Works great.

aergern no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by nockam
    I have this dropped call issue as well. It is extremely frustrating to be dropped out of a conference call then having to dial back in and re-introduce yourself. I know its a problem with the phone not Tmobile. I drive the same route to work and am on the same calls daily. I didnt have a problem with this on cingulars .73 or any other phone i have ever owned.

I updated to this new version last night and i have continued to have the dropped call issue today. I dont think we should call it dropped calls though. The call never drops it just goes dead silent.
    I'm on TMO in St. Louis and I've never had a drop call while using the Rogers 4.2.1.x, nor the AT&T and not with the new .101 release from yesterday. It has to be something weird in certain areas. The only time I've had issue was with the early 4.2.1.x releases .. phone would reboot randomly. It was quite odd.

Hope you figure out the issue because I don't think it's the OS version although it might make it more apparent.
    --
    Faith is the truth of passion.
    Since no passion is more true than another,
    faith is the truth of nothing.

bafil no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    246de862

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Thanks nockam you helped me a lot and saved me some time. I guess I will wait until T-MO releases a 1.XX OS. Its sad that so many users have t-mo and we are the last ones to get a new OS. I hope I can hold out until the T-MO curve comes out. But that's another thread all together....

simeezee no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    215C1928

installed, no problem so far.

falconbrad no está en línea Stack level 1

The only problem I see so far is that damned phone number display delay (when you type someone's name in to the phone app and it brings up a list of names for you to scroll over, when you land on someone's name, it used to show their numbers below their name immediately... now it takes a second or two). I really hate that, but I'm beginning to wonder if that's not something that they've programmed in. Well, if they did, I hope they take it out/give us an option for it.

I've tried every single release that's come out since I got my Pearl, and I've always ended up going back to the Cingular .89 release. I think I'll be sticking with this one, though. Finally not crap... Wait, that's not saying much...

jdub71 no está en línea Stack level 2

This OS fixed two things for me: It no longer says 'data connection refused' where the carrier line should be and mail by google app stays connected and doesnt require a battery pull. I'm very happy with this upgrade!

nockam no está en línea Stack level 1

Is the zoom option different in this version than the old ones? I dont remember having the little zooming bar showing up on the screen before this update.

alwaysbelieve1 no está en línea Stack level 5

I installed this and all seems pretty much normal.
    Bob Garon II, Kettlebell Coach

Fitness Has Nothing To Do With Looking Good.
    BobGaronTraining.com

Follow Me At:
    Twitter
    Facebook

Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast