I just got my new Pearl yesterday...awesome little phone! I have a few questions though. ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

baysurfer no está en línea Stack level 1

New Pearl - Missing Some Stuff?

Advertisement

I just got my new Pearl yesterday...awesome little phone!

I have a few questions though. I bought it through T-Mobile (called customer care and had it shipped).

1. Is there a real Pearl manual? I only got a "Reference Guide" for the Pearl by T-Mobile. I would have thought they'd send out a full-size manual written by RIM.

2. Is the Pearl supposed to come with a mini-SD card, or do you have to buy it separately?

3. I noticed that I'm always seeing "GPRS" as the signal in the upper right-hand corner of the screen - I never get EDGE. Is EDGE only supposed to appear when you're sending/receiving data?

mrdeeno no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: New Pearl - Missing Some Stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by baysurfer
    I just got my new Pearl yesterday...awesome little phone!

I have a few questions though. I bought it through T-Mobile (called customer care and had it shipped).

1. Is there a real Pearl manual? I only got a "Reference Guide" for the Pearl by T-Mobile. I would have thought they'd send out a full-size manual written by RIM.
    No, it does not come with a manual. The manual is in PDF format on the CD, or you can download it from the RIM site or somewhere around here.

2. Is the Pearl supposed to come with a mini-SD card, or do you have to buy it separately?
    No, it does not come with an MICRO-SD card (not mini-SD). They feel the internal memory is sufficient, and if you want to use it for videos, music, etc., you can buy a microSD card.

3. I noticed that I'm always seeing "GPRS" as the signal in the upper right-hand corner of the screen - I never get EDGE. Is EDGE only supposed to appear when you're sending/receiving data?
    It depends on your location. At my office, I get most bars with EDGE at all times. At home, I get GPRS, and it seems when I start to use data, it changes to EDGE but then reverts back to GPRS after i stop using data. The change-over usually occurs within a minute after i go back to my main screen.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

baysurfer, Welcome to PinStack.

To add to this, I don't think that the TMO Edge network is completely rolled out. You will get EDGE when you are within range of an updated tower. Hope that covered all your questions. Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

ericugs no está en línea Stack level 3

GPRS is a slightly slower version of EDGE or something along those lines. Doesnt really slow me down much and I do a lot of browsing and other things requiring a lot of data transfer.

trigga15 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    21655FFB

where you located at?

baysurfer no está en línea Stack level 1

Thanks for the input guys

trigga, I'm in the Bay Area (California). Coverage is pretty good here, but EDGE is hard to find.