Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Hello all, Thanks for all the interest. I am currently working on a price list. ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

russcrypto no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT

Re: New Pearl case, not available anywhere else

Advertisement

Hello all,

Thanks for all the interest. I am currently working on a price list. I should have it up later tonight. Sorry for the wait on that. Work is pretty chaotic today.

Thanks for your patience.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT

Hello Stackers,

Just got home from work, and I wanted to let everybody know about the pricing for these cases. We have decided that, for now, the price for both models will be $30 plus shipping. We're in the process of setting up payment methods right now.

I'd like to reiterate that, for the time being, we will accept orders and not require payment until your case is ready to ship.

rperalta no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by russcrypto
    Hello Stackers,

Just got home from work, and I wanted to let everybody know about the pricing for these cases. We have decided that, for now, the price for both models will be $30 plus shipping. We're in the process of setting up payment methods right now.

I'd like to reiterate that, for the time being, we will accept orders and not require payment until your case is ready to ship.
    When do you think you will start shipping?

When can we start ordering?
    Robert

laz
    laz no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    244701B4

ouch $30 well that's a bit out of my league but nice job any way, btw while in the pouch can you plug in headset?

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I would absolutely love to have one of these for my naked pearl. I bought 2 other cases but grew tired of them. I grab my phone from the sides when picking it up so this case would work. Also, because I'm not able to stand and tolerate a vertical case poking my stomach, a horizontal case would work wonders. I clip my pouch to the seatbelt on my wheelchair. How much?? I want it in black, brown, or old fashioned chocolate). Thanks.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ 2 more things. Can it accomodate an extended battery? Does it come with a 360 degree swivel clip?

rperalta no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ 2 more things. Can it accomodate an extended battery? Does it come with a 360 degree swivel clip?
    It doesn't come with swivel clip. According to the picture it looks very like a fixed clip.
    Robert

PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT

Hello All,

Sorry for not following up lately, but I've been especially busy for the last few days.

I'd like to address some of the recent posts in this thread.

First, $30 may seem steep, but while these are being hand made that's really the bottom line. Besides, their are many other cases out there that are much more expensive. I'm not sure I've found anything comparable to these cases for less than $30.

Second, the only way to use wired headphones/headsets while in either of these cases, would be to leave the top flap open. I thought about this feature for a while, and decided that the loss of protection you would incur from making this possible with the flap closed was too great.

Third, the only belt clip available, thus far, is the extra wide fixed clip. That was one feature that we thought to be very important. There are plenty of cases on swivel clips, but few on fixed clips (at least horizontal cases). I don't even think a swivel clip will ever be an option.

Fourth, the "sleeper" function is not a secondary feature of these cases. There are two seperate magnets (one on either end) in the body of these cases. They are not part of the closure mechanism for the flap. This was the primary reason we decided to make these cases.

Finally, I'm not sure if either case will accomodate the extended life battery. Neither of us have one, nor does anybody we know, so this couldn't be tested. Does anybody know the dimensions of the pearl with the extended battery? I'd like to do a mock up to see if an extended battery would fit. There is a small amount of "room to grow" in the skinned case (less than 5mm). So, it may be possible.

Thanks again for all of your interest. Anybody can PM me to inquire further, or to place an order.

I have 2 extended batteries. The Sedio 1250 mAh extended battery (slim battery) adds 1 mm thickness to the back of the Pearl. The 2400 mAh extended battery adds 5-6 mm thickness to the back of the Pearl.

Here is a pic of the Pearl with the 2400mAh extended battery. http://www.seidioonline.com/index.as...ROD&ProdID=622

Here is a pic of the Pearl with the 1250mAh extended battery. http://www.seidioonline.com/index.as...ROD&ProdID=658
    Last edited by EricaJ1073; 04-18-2007 at 02:39 AM.

furrbrain no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E4F98B

The fixed clip is probably best. I broke the OEM Blackberry clip off of the case i bought from getting into and out of the car.
    Having the headset jack expose would be inportant (secondary) as I usually listen to music while walking or driving and the phone is on my belt.

littlemojo no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2509fd64

looks nice may have to think about this
    Death is only the beginning

I was able to get a good look at the cases. I still want the case for the naked Pearl.

curtaincall no está en línea Stack level 1

I want one of these cases so bad, but I can't PM without posting ten messages. I don't think that it should be too hard to get the cases manufactured considering the blackberry market right, especially with the pearl being so consumer friendly. None of the carriers have any good cases and trust me I work for one of them

WyseOne no está en línea Stack level 1

Does it have magnets to allow the pearl to detect it is in the case.

PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT

Smile Re: New Pearl case, not available anywhere else

Hello fellow Stackers,

I was very impressed by the response I got about these cases. So impressed, that I decided to check into selling the idea. Evidently, you guys were right, these cases are a good idea. As of today, the idea has been sold. To whom, I can't really say (stupid lawyer stuff). Anyway, I don't have a date or anything like that, but these cases, or at least something very similar, will be available to the public eventually.

Thank you for all the interest. Your response helped to sell the idea.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast