I have a new blackberry pearl 8100 and I absolutely love it. The problem I ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

cptslaker no está en línea Stack level 1

Question New Pearl 8100

I have a new blackberry pearl 8100 and I absolutely love it. The problem I am having is that it only has 64MB of device memory which is fine because I have a 2GB MicroSD card. However all I seem to be able to load onto the SD card is images and MP3's.

Is it possible to load applications (games/themes/apps/etc) onto the SD card and access them so that you can actually use them?

I would like to be able to store a bunch of themes and app's on the SD card to free some some device memory. I have already figured out how to load images and MP3's on the SD card so I guess my question is is there any way to store themes and app's on there or actually use them?

If it isnt is it possible to store themes and app's on there and then just transfer them from the SD card to the device memory when I want to use them?

If so how do I transfer data back and forth between the device memory and the SD card?

Last question - Is it possible to allocate more of the device memory to applications and themes? At current it seems that it only allows like 15mb of space to be used for APP's and 5mb for themes.

If I can just learn how to transfer things from the card to the device then I can keep a bunch of themes and app's on the SD card, and simply transfer it to the device when I want a new theme or want to load another APP.

Sorry for all the questions I just want to get this working with all my desired stuff in it.

I also have a Plantronic's 220 bluetooth headset that works beautifully for answering and making calls and what not. I was hoping though that I would be able to listen to my MP3's that I have stored on my SD card via the wireless headset.

I can plug a wired headset into the jack and listen to the MP3's through it, but I cant figure out how to listen to the MP3's through the bluetooth headset. I have to either plug a headset directly into the audio jack, or I have to listen to them through my phone speaker.

Thanks in advance for any questions you may be able to answer.

I wanted to load the NES emulator but there isnt enough device memory, it makes it freeze up. If I could get it to run off the SD card that would be awesome.

kayos72 no está en línea Stack level 7
    ask me

Re: New Pearl 8100

welcome to the stacks.
    there is no way for the device to read themes or apps from the sd card, sorry.
    as for allocating more space, can't help ya there

the bluetooth question has been asked alot and the pearl does not have the needed bluetooth support for media, again sorry.

check out this thread on how to get more memory
    post back if you need any more help.
    Been a long while since last login. Sorry all, adjusting to a new life is great and hell at the same time!!

Naylor07 no está en línea Stack level 3

Quoted from another thread by srl7741

"Below is the instructions on how to listen to mp3's via bluetooth.

you have to do it in this order and exactly or it will stop. media and play music i play all and shuffle. your browser.

3.go to google and query anything that will give you a phone number link to call from the browser. (i googled road conditions phone number)

4.go to phone number and highlight it.

5. click trackball

6. click again to confirm to call the number.

7. once you are connected just hang up before first ring ends. in your ear.

make sure you do NOT go back to browser session. don't touch anything. the volume on the pearl up and down will work but dont hit the ball or return.

basically all you can do is listen to the music you can't advance or browse or anything or you lose the connection. if a call comes in while listening after the call you will have to repeat 1-8 again.

It's not perfect but it works and i'm sure with future os releases it will be built into the phone."

LLc0oLJ no está en línea Stack level 3