Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 101112131415

where? going to www.t-mobile.com/bbupgrade/ pulls up .64...... BlackBerry Pearl forum

tecrishon no está en línea Device Expert
    PIN/ID
    Retired

Re: NEW OS!! T-Mobile 4.2.1.103 - Right Here!

Advertisement

where? going to www.t-mobile.com/bbupgrade/ pulls up .64...

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

When I clicked on that link, it took me to the upgrade page. I clicked on that and went to the Pearl. I clicked on that and got the links titled "Do I need this software? What does it include?", it took me to the page where I saw this:

For the Handheld Software on your BlackBerry handheld:
    To find out if you need this software:
    1. On the Home screen, click Options
    2. On the Options menu, click About.
    3. The version number is displayed on the third line. If the version is not 4.2.1.103, then please download and install the most recent Handheld software for your device.
    HOWEVER, when I click on Get Software, Product Downloads, and enter my phone number and click on Go, it loads Handheld Software (v 4.2.0.64)

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired

Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073
    When I clicked on that link, it took me to the upgrade page. I clicked on that and went to the Pearl. I clicked on that and got the links titled "Do I need this software? What does it include?", it took me to the page where I saw this:

For the Handheld Software on your BlackBerry handheld:
    To find out if you need this software:
    1. On the Home screen, click Options
    2. On the Options menu, click About.
    3. The version number is displayed on the third line. If the version is not 4.2.1.103, then please download and install the most recent Handheld software for your device.
    HOWEVER, when I click on Get Software, Product Downloads, and enter my phone number and click on Go, it loads Handheld Software (v 4.2.0.64)

Here may be why you can not get .103 anymore.

also see: http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...pulled_os.html

Seems it may have been re-called.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Quote Originally Posted by tecrishon
    I've been anxiously awaiting this OS release like all of you. After not seeing every time I went to T-Mobile US, I decided to try the other T-Mobile sites. On T-Mobile Czech Republic, it is there!

You can find the T-Mobile Czech Republic link to 4.2.1.103 right HERE! (click "Free Download Area" on left, click "Devices" folder, click "RIM Devices" folder, click "8100" folder and find the link on the next page)
    AN ALTERNATE RAPIDSHARE DOWNLOAD LINK FOR THE TMO CZECH REPUBLIC OS HERE!

The OS information is:
    VERSION: 4.2.1.168 (multilanguage)
    APPLICATION VERSION
    : 4.2.1.103
    PLATFORM VERSION: 2.3.0.82
    SIZE: 73.2 mb

Thread Discussing Pre-Release --> new tmobile software 4.2.1.103 on the 13th!

Instructions on How to Upgrade OS's --> How to: OS 4.x Upgrade for your Blackberry

This and Other Provider's OS's Found Here --> Blackberry 8100 Pearl OS Software Links (by Carrier)

Modded Blackberry.axl file with unlocked vendor themes for .103 OS can be found in this thread.

HOPE YOU ENJOY!
    I am reverting to this one now.

Money2g no está en línea Stack level 1

what does the new upgrade have?

Shel no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by Money2g
    what does the new upgrade have?
    You can read this thread and see all of the changes/improvements!

joehall2006 no está en línea Stack level 1

As other users have mentioned before, this upgrade was pretty flawless for myself... The only problem I have at the moment is that its taking around 40 seconds to access the memory card for pics and video, however once opened once the next time you try and access the card your content appears instantly. In answer to other posts regarding 4gb cards, mine is running absolutley perfect.

I haven't had any of the dropped call issues (tmob uk customer) today and when I placed a call before I had to wait approx 4/5 seconds before the called could hear me - this has been fixed!

On a slightly different note, where can I download AIM and MSN messenger for my pearl? and does anyone know if I can download viigo or any other RSS feed program?

Anyways, thats my first post!

tecrishon no está en línea Device Expert
    PIN/ID
    Retired

first, welcome to pinstack.

Quote Originally Posted by joehall2006
    As other users have mentioned before, this upgrade was pretty flawless for myself... The only problem I have at the moment is that its taking around 40 seconds to access the memory card for pics and video, however once opened once the next time you try and access the card your content appears instantly. In answer to other posts regarding 4gb cards, mine is running absolutley perfect.
    might want to try defragmenting the card. it is discussed in this thread. that may help with the accessing speed of the card.

Quote Originally Posted by joehall2006
    On a slightly different note, where can I download AIM and MSN messenger for my pearl? and does anyone know if I can download viigo or any other RSS feed program?
    if you use AIM and MSN, i highly recommend buying jivetalk. it is the best messenger program available for the BB (and a lot will agree). You can simultaneously connect to AIM, MSN, Yahoo, GoogleTalk, ICQ, and Jabber.

i don't use an rss feed program, but i know there are plenty of them out there. everyone that uses them has their own opinions on which is the best. there are three that can be found at the pinstack shop here. (one is free, one is $6, one is $8)

this thread discusses viigo and freerange applications. and here is another about viigo. might want to look around the 3rd Party Applications section of pinstack (found here) - you'll find a lot of information and opinions about different rss programs.

hope that helps...

harm_dzines no está en línea Stack level 3

I removed the US .103, and am now in the process of downloading the Chzech .103
    When I first DL .103, it ran fine, until a few days later I started having issues. It started running really slow, my internet kept dropping. I had to hard reboot in order for the internet to work again, and it worked fine for about 3 hours, then the same problems. Hopefully the Chzech .103 is better, I heard/read it is

BkLady388 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Hi. I'm new to BB's, 1st timer and I have a Pearl. I keep seeing OS updates but most are for T-Mobile, I'm AT&T and currently running version 4.2.1.96 but I am in the midle of downloading 4.2.1.101. Can I use this 1.3 version though I'm with a different carrier? Your help is much appreciated.

interferon18 no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by tecrishon
    I've been anxiously awaiting this OS release like all of you. After not seeing every time I went to T-Mobile US, I decided to try the other T-Mobile sites. On T-Mobile Czech Republic, it is there!

You can find the T-Mobile Czech Republic link to 4.2.1.103 right HERE! (click "Free Download Area" on left, click "Devices" folder, click "RIM Devices" folder, click "8100" folder and find the link on the next page)
    AN ALTERNATE RAPIDSHARE DOWNLOAD LINK FOR THE TMO CZECH REPUBLIC OS HERE!

The OS information is:
    VERSION: 4.2.1.168 (multilanguage)
    APPLICATION VERSION
    : 4.2.1.103
    PLATFORM VERSION: 2.3.0.82
    SIZE: 73.2 mb

Thread Discussing Pre-Release --> new tmobile software 4.2.1.103 on the 13th!

Instructions on How to Upgrade OS's --> How to: OS 4.x Upgrade for your Blackberry

This and Other Provider's OS's Found Here --> Blackberry 8100 Pearl OS Software Links (by Carrier)

Modded Blackberry.axl file with unlocked vendor themes for .103 OS can be found in this thread.

HOPE YOU ENJOY!

EDIT: T-Mobile US has finally added 4.2.1.103 to their website. You can find it HERE. (click "Get Software" next to the Pearl; you will then need to enter a valid T-Mobile Phone Number to be directed to the download link)
    AN ALTERNATE RAPIDSHARE DOWNLOAD LINK FOR THE TMO US OS HERE!

The T-Mobile US download site says the software includes:
    1. Redesigned Application list that is displayed when you press the Menu key from the Home screen.
    2. Improved quality and reliability of the audio experience during phone calls
    3. Ability to use t-zones browser, Instant Messaging and Picture Messaging for all customers (additional charges may apply).
    4. Improved persistence of Call Logs and Messages.
    5. Improved consistent behavior of the ABC indicator.
    6. Improved stability when using a Bluetooth headset.
    7. Improved reliability of myFaves icon appearance.
    8. Improved reliability of keyboard lock feature.
    9. Daylight Savings Time Patch Integration.
    hi tericshon,
    Iam with T-mobile USA and when i downloaded the software and followed the prompt i still see the old version(v4.2.0.64.......platform 2.2.0.37) in my HANDHELD but when it is connected with the comp and i go to check the version thru the desktop manager it shows the latest version(v4.2.1.107) which i got from my provider.
    I got my pearl from UK and had it unlocked here in the US.Does that play any role?
    I have the latest desktop manager which i loaded 1st and then went on with the handheld software.

kelhosseiny no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2415c7cf

Right now I have .107
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

magellan0547 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    242E7D27

lol can we kill this thread please?

The latest OS is from T-Mobile...doesn't matter US/UK (same company, members?!)...anyways the OS is 4.2.1.107 and the latest DM is 4.2.2.14 SP2 either with/out roxio media manager...hope this helps

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 101112131415