so about a week ago i tried downloading the new OS 4.5.0.55 for my pearl ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

bd_bangz no está en línea Stack level 2

new OS for bberry pearl 8100

Advertisement

so about a week ago i tried downloading the new OS 4.5.0.55 for my pearl and then uploaded it. i experienced numerous problems, everytime my phone booted up, it would immediately reboot and take forever to turn back on. if it would even stay on, and if i tried to look at anything on my phone, it would just reboot again. so i had to download the old OS 4.2 again and reload that onto my phone in order to get it to work again... also, in the process of all of this i lost all my saved messages and my address book... so what my question is, is that i'm on at&t network and have had my pearl since the day it first came out, about 2 years ago. i was wondering if anyone knows where a link is to the new software version that would work on my network... any help will be greatly appreciated
    loyalty above all laws

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Do you have a media card in your device?

pniko_07 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    stack
    I put 4.5 on two 8100's (co workers phones)one had a media card and one did not have one. Both phones are working perfect with no problems. If it matters, one phone has sprint and the other had tmo. Maybe try reinstalling?~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

yeah i have a media card but do you think that would really effect anything with the new OS? i guess i could give it another try but i don't want to lose all my information all over again if it doesn't work again
    loyalty above all laws

Move all your stuff off the media card onto the PC, reinstall the OS onto your device withOUT the media card (making sure you do a backup as part of the OS install). Once that's finished, put the media card back in the device and reformat it with the device. Then you can move all your stuff from the PC to the card.

Hope this helps!
    Roger

PIN/ID
    stack
    I would do I backup before anything. I wouldn't think a media card would matter, because one of the phones I upgraded didn't have one. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Lots of people have encountered problems doing an OS upgrade with the media card in the device.

PIN/ID
    stack
    Quote Originally Posted by RoGro View Post
    Move all your stuff off the media card onto the PC, reinstall the OS onto your device withOUT the media card (making sure you do a backup as part of the OS install). Once that's finished, put the media card back in the device and reformat it with the device. Then you can move all your stuff from the PC to the card.

Hope this helps!
    Roger
    I would take Rogers advice. See ya at Tia's next broadcast.

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    What the Ro is telling you will fix your problem. It fixed mine a while back when I was having the same problem.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

TorturedNacho no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    208EB87C
    Strange I've got 8100 upgraded to 4.5 never touched the media card. Never had a problem~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

moses2628 no está en línea Stack level 6
    Same here, but will try that on my GF's curve. It is fine the first day, but then begins rebooting the next!

mendez777 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    219D98AA
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Official 8100 4.5.0.69
    https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...A5DFF913DF997A

Yeah, it's as sporadic as the same OS upgrade on the same device and people's experiences with them. Better safe than sorry, is my motto, though!

alright thanks for all the help you guys. i'll have to give it a try without the media card. i'll take rogers advice
    loyalty above all laws