Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

My OS is a 4.2.1.96 and i want to upgrade it desperately. what is the ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

natalie47111 no está en línea Stack level 2

New OS for 8100??

Advertisement

My OS is a 4.2.1.96 and i want to upgrade it desperately. what is the newest one out that i can get and where can i get it? i am soo confused on this whole processs! can i use the rogers bold one or does that not work because i have a different phone?? ughh i need help...

animalpop no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24AB300C
    You need to use the OS that is specifically for your model of phone. I am CURRENTLY upping my OS to 4.5.0.93, looks like fun
    Last edited by Lavagirl; 10-14-2008 at 10:10 PM. Reason: Format edit

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Hi Natalie!

You need to use an OS that is specific to your phone, meaning any vendor's OS will work as long as it is for your 8100.

Have you done an upgrade before? Why are you so desperate to upgrade your OS? It's a fairly simple process, but there are things that can go wrong, so I'd only recommend doing so if you're fairly confident in doing so.

Here is where you'll find links for the most current "official" release for your 8100. Use this thread for detailed instructions and please don't hesitate to post back with any questions.

Another key point not in those instructions is to remove your media card (if you have one) from the device prior to the upgrade.

Good luck!

Roger

thanks so much!
    are you saying you dont think i should do this? i want more themes and it seems like the only ones are for a higher OS and its frustrating..

Quote Originally Posted by natalie47111 View Post
    thanks so much!
    are you saying you dont think i should do this? i want more themes and it seems like the only ones are for a higher OS and its frustrating..

Not saying that at all. Just want to make sure you feel confident enough to do it. It really is pretty straightforward and we're here to help on the off chance something goes wrong. If you follow the instructions, though, you should be fine. Just be patient and let it do its thing!

Roger

animalpop no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24AB300C
    I agree 100% with Roger, read up on the process and make sure you are fully comfortable with it.

If you have any reservations, I would suggest not attempting it. There are many excellent themes for your current OS to be had out there if that is what your biggest driving factor is.

i just downloaded the new one and deleted the vendor file and opened the desktop manager and it is not recognizing the update..

nevermind

Natalie, reboot your PC, then check in Control Panel>Add or Remove Programs (Programs and Features if you're on Vista) to make sure the OS is there. Make sure the vendor.xml file is indeed gone from C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research in Motion\AppLoader, connect the device and launch the DM again.

What version of DM are you running and are you on Vista or XP?

Quote Originally Posted by natalie47111 View Post
    nevermind
    Nevermind? lol!

ahh im nervous..also right before i donloaded it somethng said attention you have to connect your phone wirelessly after the download to be able to send messages and stuff do you know what im talking about? sorry im being such a pain/..

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    Yea that's normal. After everything is done just click on your wireless icon and turn it on.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

thanks guys for all yalls help!!
    im stil waiting

bboyPHOENIX no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24aa5cd9
    The first few times I tried it my comp didn't let me dout' then I tried it again a week later and it did it no problem. Every issue I had afterward such as no color in the colorball and other app downlads we're resolved by doing a few searches, and instead of wanting to get a newer phone, I am 10 times happier with my 8100. This phone rocks, and once you figure how to use it, you confidance level with using the phone rises, and you got tons of different options! via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

ashdub01 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2460d307
    Quote Originally Posted by animalpop View Post
    You need to use the OS that is specifically for your model of phone. I am CURRENTLY upping my OS to 4.5.0.93, looks like fun
    Where did you get .93? I have 4.5.0.55. Anybody know of any major difference in this? I mean...I like .55.....I'm just curious.
    **Ashmee**

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast