Has anyone else noticed that with your contacts, you are unable to map their location ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

bengoheen no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204BF324

new OS error

Advertisement

Has anyone else noticed that with your contacts, you are unable to map their location after downloading the OS? All the info is still there for the contact but when I press "view home map" the city, state and zip don't transfer over to the mapping service. Therefore I receive an error saying "could not find state/prov or country."

I'm guessing that it has something to do with the fact that the new OS is for a provider in Spain so maybe it doesn't recognize US addresses. Anyone know of a fix for this?

twheeler no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23E261CF
    Just noticed that myself. I had to double check the state abbreviation and make sure it's all caps and I HAD to include the Country. It mapped right away for me after that.

atleastzero no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2420565A
    Works fine for me, but that's probably because I'm very thorough when typing in my addresses (as twheeler pointed out.. State in caps, include the country..)

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Dimndbk no está en línea Stack level 2

Question

What format are ya'll using for your country. Are you able to use "USA", "US" or are you having to spell it out completely?

bengoheen no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204BF324
    When I used Outlook it automatically put in "United States of America" for all my contacts. I figured since I don't personally know anyone outside the US that I could just remove that. Now I see that it was a mistake to do that.

So am I right in assuming that it's because the update is for the provider in Spain? I guess I need to do some changes then....

atleastzero no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2420565A
    Most of my contact addresses are in "United States"

I would guess this bug is likely due to the update being targeted towards Spain.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~