Ok I have 2 phone # in my account which is me and my wife. ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Macdarwin no está en línea Stack level 3

New or Refurb?

Advertisement

Ok I have 2 phone # in my account which is me and my wife. I upgraded both of them to Blackberry which is me and my wife love every bit of it. She got the white one and i got the black....I know there isnt any difference in the phone/features except the color....i think the only difference in the phone that we got is that the black is refurb and hers (white) is brand new....I can tell it by...

Black = no sticker on the box that let me know it hasnt been open
    white= with sticker

black= made in mexico sticker with yellow marking in the back where the battery holds
    white= none only serial #

black= keypad light at #9 and # symbol dead...
    white= flawless

black= the headset earpiece is single and has a soft cover on it installed.
    white= in plastic, double earpiece, no soft cover installed.

before I call Tmobile I would like to know If i have the same one as you guys about the MADE IN MEXICO sticker with yellow marking and about the HEADSET..

cause what i think...I did not Paid full price for a brand new one to get a refurb....

thanks
    -darwin

xxxsublimexx no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: New or Refurb?

Yo, respek. You shoulda got it off a site like wirefly for free. I did that back in October. Mine was an open box phone though. Still a pretty good deal, innit? Westside
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Einherjer no está en línea Stack level 5

It does not sound like brand new stuff.

tj2311111 Guest

I ordered my Pearl from the T-mobile site. It has the Made in Mexico sticker with the yellow dot. And I also have the single ear piece. So does this mean I have a refurbished Pearl, hell i ordered directly off of the T-mobile site?

If I find out this is a refurbished phone, Im gonna raise some hell for T-mobile.

audreypearl no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2277FD30

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~hmm is it? Mine had made in Mexico too.

sbinder no está en línea Stack level 2

No its not a refurb. Tmobile does not sell refurbished devices at all. They are only used for exchanges. Also the reason for the differences between the earpieces is because RIM decided to include a stereo headset for the white pearl only. Hope this clears things up
    via BB p(wap.pinstack.com)~

xxxsublimexx no está en línea Stack level 2

I want a f'in stereo headset. Mines made in Mexico also. Canada's cool but Hispanics got better chicks ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

smis no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    OU812

Quote Originally Posted by xxxsublimexx
    I want a f'in stereo headset. Mines made in Mexico also. Canada's cool but Hispanics got better chicks ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I take it you do not like Shannon Tweed, Shania Twain, Diana Krall and Alannah Myles.
    Once you go BlackBerry you never go back!

MKhora no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    241AAFB7

I got a free Pearl form Wirefly about 2 weeks ago. It is brand new...Made in Mexico. No Yelllow sticker. With a Stereo Earpiece in plastic bag without the earbuds installed but included in the box BlackBerry Pouch, Phone in plastic, SIM Card Plastic Frame, all the books etc.. The box had a sticker on it that said if you break this seal...Seal unbroken, new OS etc. All I had to do was charge the phone then call T-Mobile. Within five minutes I finalized My activation, and number port, and I was ready to go! So You CAN get great deals from Wirefly. I can attest to that one. By the way...the sale is over so I'm sorry for those who lost out; They're now $190.00 + a $50 dollar Mail in Rebate Bringing it to $140 So I lucked out, and got a great deal while it lasted.
    Next Level Design By Sinista Graphix!

MACV\SOG no está en línea Stack level 2

A little correction...

Right on Tmobile does not sell refurbs, Wrong on stereo headset only for white Pearl. I have a black Pearl with stereo headset and my pearl was Made in Hungary not Mexico. States it plainly on the box...

RayZ no está en línea Stack level 5

I got a refurb about a month ago..made in Hungary also. The phone is brand new, I can't tell that it was ever used. I'm with ATT and the website said refurb...can't tell it by me

MACV\SOG no está en línea Stack level 2

Truth is the largest percentage or refurbs are phones that people returned because they changed their minds, didn't like the phone or got buyers remorse. In reality there not truly refurbs, where as returned phones that were return for material, software or other problems are repaired are true refurbs. A small percentage of phones bought new were bought and returned in the 14 day trial period and because the phone wasn't damaged or broken it was repackaged and sold as new. You never know so buyer beware...