Hi everyone...let me start off by introducing myself, Im Derek. i just got a blackberry ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Derek B no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23f9dd63

new...needs help

Advertisement

Hi everyone...let me start off by introducing myself, Im Derek. i just got a blackberry pearl for my 18th bday and im a little lost with it.i have a few questions for all u guys.. they probably sound stupid to you n im sorry. anyways first, how can u set different ringtone for different people and groups? how do i download things off my pc to the pearl? how do i put music on it? is there a way to get ringtones themes and other fun things for free?....i guess thats it for now, sorry for the lame questions everyone. if u wnna add any cool things u kno that i didnt ask dont hesitate please. well thanks for your help

kayos72 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me

Re: new...needs help

derek welcome to the stacks. no need to apologize we have all been there, congrats on the gift
    to start. to set a diff ringtone go to the contact in your address book hit menu then edit, then menu then hit add custom phone tune

next. for pc to pearl you need to install the desktop manager and use the usb to load songs and such.

next. music is the same with the desktop manager. you WILL need to geta MICROsd card up to 2g is usable
    ringtone from your phone browser go to www.tuneusin.com
    for themes go to www.mobile41.com or try this thread
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...xx_themes.html

there are two way to get themes OTA with your phone or use pc then use desktop manager.

hope this helps!
    Been a long while since last login. Sorry all, adjusting to a new life is great and hell at the same time!!

PIN/ID
    23f9dd63

thanks alot kayos....n thanks for understanding..hopefully il get the hang of this beauty...

kayos72 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me

all in due time and you will have more questions, just ask
    glad I could help
    Been a long while since last login. Sorry all, adjusting to a new life is great and hell at the same time!!

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax

Once you get familiar with the phone and how to set it up, tweak it, etc. you can search the forum for ideas on other applications to download OTA (over the air, i.e. without having to use your laptop to sync it). Its a little intimidating at first b/c there are so many things you can do with it/to it. But read these forums, ask a lot of questions and you'll learn fast.

BTW, I highly recommend downloading the Opera Mini browser, and the Google Mobile applications. Just as a start. If you have a gmail account, it works great with your pearl. If you don't have one, you might want to think about getting one.

PIN/ID
    23f9dd63

thank you for your feedback you guys are really nice...i kinda expected to be looked down on cuz im such a newb.....but whats a gmail lol?....and the opera mini browser and good mobile?...im dumb sorry

alexthomason no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E3505B

Gmail is google's email system.
    They have a client for mobile phones that works great on the blackberry. You can forward all of your email accounts to gmail (which as a file limit of over 2 gigs) and check them with their app.

They also have program called google maps that will show you maps, directions, etc. Moving to a new city for college I used that one all the time.

Opera Mini is another web browser for the blackberry, works great.
    Knowledge first, in everything.
    World domination second.

Jacisipmac no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23e9128a

Hey I was just going to add that at first you might pass up google maps (like I did) because your phone already has blackberry maps on it... But google maps seems to work faster, has satelite imaging options, and not only works well as a map program but also as a phonebook (I think google might have one of those too)... opera mini is cool because it seems to function more like a regular computer browser rather than a wap browser, and you can set different options for the BB browser and opera and chose which one to use based on what you're doing, opera took me a while to get used to but now its all I really use. another program you're definitly going to want to look into is jivetalk, which is an instant messenger program that works with aim, ICQ, and others, its not something you can just download however, you have to be a beta tester, which pretty much just means that you have to send them an email, you can find all that info at www.beejive.com. Lastly, I'm assuming by your age that either you are in college, or finishing high school, either way you're going to need a periodic table, and there is a pretty cool one that you can find in the downloads section, I think its under multimedia, its worked for some people and hasn't for others but its definitly worth giving it a shot, it doesn't really work on my phone, its really hard to read, but its so convenient that I kept it and i use it pretty often goodluck with everything

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by Derek B
    thank you for your feedback you guys are really nice...i kinda expected to be looked down on cuz im such a newb.....but whats a gmail lol?....and the opera mini browser and good mobile?...im dumb sorry
    Not dumb just new and inexperienced. I will tell you what I tell all new BB users I talk to. It's going to take 2-4 weeks of really "playing" with the phone to start feeling comfortable with it, especially if you switch from a more basic handset, ie RAZR. Give it time and ask ?'s and before you know it everything will start to streamline when you use the device.