Greetings, I just switched from an 8100 to an 8120. Everything is pretty much the ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

icewiz no está en línea Stack level 1

New message bold font

Advertisement

Greetings,

I just switched from an 8100 to an 8120. Everything is pretty much the way I expected with the exception of 1 thing ...

When I get a "new message" in my list of messages, I get a yellow envelope (like I did on the 8100 T-mo Zen Theme) and the message is displayed bold (which the 8100 didn't do). Since I use a bold font as my standard, the 8120 uses "extra bold" which is both hard to read and takes a lot more space.

Is there any way, short of editing the theme, of getting the 8100 behavior that simply adds a yellow envelope rather than bolding the new messages? And if it is both necessary and possible to do with the theme, would that be a hard thing to learn to do?

thanks

*ice*

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    I'm not a themes person but it definitely sounds like that is a theme issue. If you change themes and the problem you reference is resolved, the issue is theme-related.

There are hundreds of themes available here on the "Stacks" so see if you can find one that suits your needs.
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by icewiz View Post
    Greetings,

I just switched from an 8100 to an 8120. Everything is pretty much the way I expected with the exception of 1 thing ...

When I get a "new message" in my list of messages, I get a yellow envelope (like I did on the 8100 T-mo Zen Theme) and the message is displayed bold (which the 8100 didn't do). Since I use a bold font as my standard, the 8120 uses "extra bold" which is both hard to read and takes a lot more space.

Is there any way, short of editing the theme, of getting the 8100 behavior that simply adds a yellow envelope rather than bolding the new messages? And if it is both necessary and possible to do with the theme, would that be a hard thing to learn to do?

thanks

*ice*
    the theme can only be edited by the theme maker unless they provided the thm file for you to edit.you might try changing your "standard" from bold and see if that'll work for you.if not probably find another theme or contact the theme maker for help.
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

icewiz no está en línea Stack level 1
    Both are the standard T-Mobile themes ... the ones with the icons at the bottom. I think it is called "T-mobile Zen" on the 8100 and T-Mobile on the 8120. Both are preloaded and using the defaults. In any case, the ones at the bottom of the theme lists.

Does this mean the default theme from T-mo changed? Can anyone else confirm this? and if it has changed, can I change it back?