Hey uys,My name is Greg and I live in South FL,i jst got a T-mobile ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

gymkapp1 no está en línea Stack level 2

new here,lots of questions :-}

Advertisement

Hey uys,My name is Greg and I live in South FL,i jst got a T-mobile white pearl 8100 and had some questions about it. Hopefully you guys can help and speak slow,I am decent in knowledge on the computer,but not great. Thanks.So here are the questions:

1. Are there any major upgrades for the phone I should install?

2. How can you enable cookies when online, and is it possible to play videos from a website?

3. As for videos in general,does the phone play and/or record videos,if so,how do i set it up to do that?

4.Where can i findsome ames to downoad,preferably free ones,it only came with 1,with is frustrating in itself?

5. I noticed there is no screen saver,it goes straight to black,can you install a screensaver?

Thats all for now,I want to thank everyone in advance for taking the time to read and hopefully answer my questions.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Re: new here,lots of questions :-}

Hey Greg and welcome again!

1. Yes I would upgrade the OS(operating system) is a little out of date and has a few bugs.
    Newest OS is here: https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...E4F82F9F00E7D4
    How to upgrade is here: http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...rade_your.html

2. Yes you can enable cookies, it's in your browser under options. No streaming videos is not possible at this time. Sorry

3. Yes it plays videos. You can grab the newest Desktop Manager Service Pack 2 from that first link i gave you and it has Roxio Media Manager. It will convert most files to something your BB can read.

4. mobile.blackberry.com from your BB browser.

5. sorry no screen saver.

That should get you for now. Also if you can't see signatures go into your options for this forum and enable that feature. I have some good links for applications and so do a lot of other peeps.

Good Luck
    ~red

Jacisipmac no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23e9128a

Haha i think i tend to be a little long winded with my responses... it took me like 15 minutes to answer the first 2 questions... no surprise red beat me to it, good thing i refreshed so i dont look too foolish

Welcome to the stacks Greg

gymkapp1 no está en línea Stack level 2

it doesnt say where under option to enable cookies,and how do i set it up to get videos from websites? My computer would not let me download the new manager,it did with the disk it came with which i belive is 4.1,nor would it let me upgrade. I will try to play with it later,when i have more time i guess. Thank you so much for all the help so far.