Hello, I'm new to the forums and just bought a BB Pearl. Sweet phone. My ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Southpaw no está en línea Stack level 1

New Guy - New Question

Advertisement

Hello,
    I'm new to the forums and just bought a BB Pearl. Sweet phone. My first 'smart phone'. So, I purchased Texas HoldEm from Handmark.com. I cant figure out how to get it into my phone. I have downloaded it in two formats to my desktop. An .exe and a .JAD file. Neither one is recognized by the phone. I am using the software that came with the phone. Any help would be appreciated. Thx.

peterbabiy no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    23DE41AA
    Hey there and Welcome to PinStack

Someone will be here soon to answer your question

Dirty Cash no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    3G
    I'm not too versed with the 8100, but I have to ask fisrt if you are using your Desktop Manager when you attempt to add Texas Hold'em?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Welcome to the stacks southpaw! I'm not sure about your problem, but someone who does will be along shortly.

Have you tried the apolication loader? I don't know if you can add a .JAD file with it or not.

peterbabiy no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    23DE41AA
    I tink u might have to download the file via BB browser on your cell. Not sure thou

StaceyRVC no está en línea Community pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    Have you tried loading the .jad from the desktop manager?

JuKi235 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23E9BE93
    Look to see if there is an .alx file if so you will need to load the file via the application loader.

On Desktop:
    1. Start up Desktop Manager
    2. Double-Click "Application Loader"
    3. Once it has loaded, at the top click "Add"
    4. Navigate to the location of the ".alx or .ali" file.
    5. Click "Next"
    6. Click "Finished"

That should do the trick.

Southpaw no está en línea Stack level 1
    I am using the Application Loader and the 'Open' dialog's 'Files of Type' is *ali and *alx. But the game file ext is .jad
    Naturally, I cant even see the .jad file in the open dialog until I select 'All Types' from the 'Files of Type' drop down. I selected the .jad file got an error msg. So, my assumption is that it wont work on the 8100. :cry:

I guess my main question Id like answered is what types of files does the 8100 accept as far as games are concerned?

Thanks again!

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK
    Quote Originally Posted by Southpaw
    I am using the Application Loader and the 'Open' dialog's 'Files of Type' is *ali and *alx. But the game file ext is .jad
    Naturally, I cant even see the .jad file in the open dialog until I select 'All Types' from the 'Files of Type' drop down. I selected the .jad file got an error msg. So, my assumption is that it wont work on the 8100. :cry:

I guess my main question Id like answered is what types of files does the 8100 accept as far as games are concerned?

Thanks again!
    Hey southpaw i figured it out. you can only do .jad file OTA(over the air). Just go to the site with your pearl browser. then you can get in on your pearl from there. hope this helps.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    Is the .exe file you downloaded a self-extracting Compressed file. The jad file is for installing OTA from the BB Browser. Try executing the exe file and see if it doesn't create a folder with an .alx file and one or more .cod files. If so use the Apps loader to add them by navigating to the folder and selecting the alx file.

The Blackberry uses cod file types for installation. The alx and jar files are discriptive files that control which cod files are installed and where they are located and how to install them. The alx file works with the Application Loader in Desktop Manager and the jad files perform the same function for OTA installation.

Hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

simplexity no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ask ;-)

Re: New Guy - New Question

Welcome to pinstack. Do u have enough space in the phone to actually put the game in?