Hi guys.. patience please with me.. I need to know if there's a way that ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

The Hammer no está en línea Stack level 1

New guy has simple question :)

Advertisement

Hi guys.. patience please with me.. I need to know if there's a way that i can have my pearl email me whenever I have a voicemail. I'm in Japan right now and the pearl doesnt work and it's costing me $1.50 min to use the rental cell phone to check my voice mail. So I need to know if there's any other way to find out if i have voicemail than by calling and checking! THANKS

Re: New guy has simple question :)

Nobody has any ideas??

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

I got nothing Hammer. sorry

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Welcome to the Stacks Hammer. Who is your carrier? Have you tried calling them to see if they have notification services? I used to have a notification service that would send a message to my pager whenever I received a voicemail. Some carriers might still have something similar.

Worth a shot?

Well I'm with Cingular but like I said I'm in Japan right now and didnt research it before I left I was hoping some Blackberry experts had some info thanks

mayt0pak no está en línea Stack level 2

I just saw this today. I think this is what you need. I haven't try it yet. Let us know how it goes with this product. There is a 7 day trial for free.

http://www.spinvox.com/spin_my_vmail.html

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Quote Originally Posted by mayt0pak
    I just saw this today. I think this is what you need. I haven't try it yet. Let us know how it goes with this product. There is a 7 day trial for free.

http://www.spinvox.com/spin_my_vmail.html
    Nice find Mayt0pak. Looks exactly like what he's looking for. Does look very expensive though.

Spoook no está en línea BES Pro

It might be a big call to find the equivalent where you are, but we have a voip telephone system in the office with an australian carrier called Engin. When a call goes to voicemail with our voip service, we get an email with the voicemail as an attachment, and guess what - i can actually listen to it on my pearl! found this out by sheer accident, but it is a very cool feature. so when i want i can divert my BB calls to the voip number and get the email on my BB.