I'm having a issue with the new BB 8230 flip from alltel changing time zones ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

jomiko88 no está en línea Stack level 1

New Flip 8230 changing time when charging

Advertisement

I'm having a issue with the new BB 8230 flip from alltel changing time zones from eastern to Casablanca when the phone is being charged. Just kinda wondering if anyone else has had this or has a solution. Thx!!!!!!!

vzanda no está en línea Stack level 2
    How are you charging it? Mine would change to the computer time when I charge. Also check out your date/ time settings to make sure that you have the correct time zone selected.

jomiko88 no está en línea Stack level 1

RE:

charging on AC outlet not PC. Time zone is set correct, Only changes times when it is plugged up to charge.

di6a no está en línea Stack level 1
    mine giving an option to change alarm as soon as i plug it to charge

Umm Yeah... no está en línea Stack level 1
    BlackBerrys have a built-in functionality to change to the time zone they detect themselves being in. However, when they are charging, they go back to the time zone that they are set to. It sounds like you don't have your Flip set to the Eastern Time zone and it resets to whatever zone it is tied to. You can fix this by going under Option>Date/Time and confirm that your Flip is set to Eastern.

Of course, I could be wrong!