To make a long story short, this is my third replacement Pearl w/ Cingular. The ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

RenDawg408 no está en línea Stack level 1

New Blackberry Pearl Owner with problems

Advertisement

To make a long story short, this is my third replacement Pearl w/ Cingular. The 1st one I had froze on me so I exchanged it. I was going to exchange it for another Pearl, but the Cingular rep convinced me to get the Cingular 8525. After a couple of days, I wasn't too impressed with the Cingular 8525 so I exchanged it for another Pearl.

The second Pearl I had was fine until Valentine's Day. It completely froze on me with the "App 523 Error." Once again I brought it back to Cingular ready to return it, but the rep replaced it for another one. That's just my luck another Lemon phone.

Now on my third Pearl, so far so good (crossing fingers). The only complaint I have about this one is that the case makes a loud snapping sound when you squeeze it on the left side like its loose. The 1st Pearl that I had made the same sound on the right side, but it wasn't as bad. What kind of workmanship do they put in for these phones?

All in all though, I really like this phone. From its sleek form factor to its smartphone usability. I hope that I don't encounter any more problems with this phone!

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Re: New Blackberry Pearl Owner with problems

Yea the blows man. Just get a skin or case then the snapping sound goes away. hehe. Most of them are pretty loose on the backside. Mine is like that too, I just forget about it.

What third party apps are you putting on your pearls that might make them freeze? I've had no real headaches with mine since I got it in early December.

EvolutionCSR no está en línea Stack level 5

As reddog said above you may want to check your 3rd party applications if it keeps freezing on you and giving a JVM error that most likely the cause.

Is there any applications that you put on the other 2 that you havent with this one yet?

As for the "loud snapping" sound... I have 2 pearls one white and one black and both are pretty solid, if you ever have to do another exchange I would ask them to take it out of box so you can check it out before you take it home.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

The first phone I had I installed Opera Mini. For the other 2 I didn't install any 3rd party apps. I figured I would wait until I was content with the phone before I start adding 3rd party apps.

You know what though when I got the App 523 Error my coworker told me he tried to send me an Mms. I suspect that was the cause for the phone to crash.

Stonebreeze no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23E8B1E8

Quote Originally Posted by dfc420
    As reddog said above you may want to check your 3rd party applications if it keeps freezing on you and giving a JVM error that most likely the cause.

Is there any applications that you put on the other 2 that you havent with this one yet?

As for the "loud snapping" sound... I have 2 pearls one white and one black and both are pretty solid, if you ever have to do another exchange I would ask them to take it out of box so you can check it out before you take it home.
    Curious why someone would need 2 phones? Although, I guess if you need two, what better to have then 2 Pearls

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

RenDawg408, Welcome to PinStack.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with this problem or your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr
    RenDawg408, Welcome to PinStack.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with this problem or your BB.

Rcbjr
    Thanks for the warm welcome Rcbjr!

drummer12 no está en línea Stack level 3

Cingular is the problem

moses2628 no está en línea Stack level 6

Yeah, thats the first problem, being with that carrier!

I exchanged my Pearl for another one yesterday. This will be my 4th one. Earlier when I was driving I had my bluetooth headset, the BlackBerry HS-655, connected. I never had any problems in the past with the headset with the previous Pearls I had.
    Anyways, after I finished a call the headset would beep & disconnect from the phone. It would connect & disconnect over & over about 3 times. I had the phone holstered on my right side with the headset in my right ear. Later when I tried to make a call the hour glass was just going with the white background.

Has anyone had this problem?

Once again I had this problem when the headset would disconnect from the phone over & over. What causes this? I have the phone right next to the headset. Is it the Pearl or the HS-655?