So I don't know whether my email was set up throw BIS or not, but ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

dustincook no está en línea Stack level 1

new BIS is a POS

Advertisement

So I don't know whether my email was set up throw BIS or not, but before I upgraded recently to the new BIS I had two email accounts set up... I automatically recieve my emails from my Gmail account and from my school's microsoft outlook exchange account... I also had could send emails from either account... So I upgraded BIS and it asks me for my PIN and IMEI, I entered it and it asks for user name and password... FIRST, I don't remember ever entering one, SECOND, I tried all the ones I would have used and they didn't work...So I tried to create a new account and it says ACCOUNT ALREADY USED or something... Somebody please explain what the hell to do, I really need my email, I use it multiple times daily, but I can't figure out for the life of me what's going on...

Here's my info:
    Carrier: Cingular/ATT&T
    Desktop: v.4.2_SP2_English (through Cingular)
    Handheld OS: v4.2.1.94 (Platform 2.3.0.77
    PIN: 23F8ED23

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Re: new BIS is a POS

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by you upgrading your BIS. BIS (Blackberry Internet Service) is all carrier side. I'm a bit confused. They just upgraded to BIS 2.3 recently.

Obviously you were getting emails pushed to you, so you have a data plan. Anyways, how did you set up your emails before? Don't you kids from AT&T have an account you sign into and do all this?
    I'm not sure how everything works on your side of the pond, but it seems a LOT of people are having issues with this.

Can you resend service books? Re-register on the network?

Throughly confused
    ~red

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

Quote Originally Posted by dustincook
    So I don't know whether my email was set up throw BIS or not, but before I upgraded recently to the new BIS I had two email accounts set up... I automatically recieve my emails from my Gmail account and from my school's microsoft outlook exchange account... I also had could send emails from either account... So I upgraded BIS and it asks me for my PIN and IMEI, I entered it and it asks for user name and password... FIRST, I don't remember ever entering one, SECOND, I tried all the ones I would have used and they didn't work...So I tried to create a new account and it says ACCOUNT ALREADY USED or something... Somebody please explain what the hell to do, I really need my email, I use it multiple times daily, but I can't figure out for the life of me what's going on...

Here's my info:
    Carrier: Cingular/ATT&T
    Desktop: v.4.2_SP2_English (through Cingular)
    Handheld OS: v4.2.1.94 (Platform 2.3.0.77
    PIN: 23F8ED23
    Your username is typically the name for your @mycingular.blackberry.net email address. This email address should be listed in your Service Books (Options --> Advanced Options --> Service Books) as username@mycingular.blackberry.net[CMIME].

If that's what you tried for a username and don't have the password, you'll need to call Customer Service to have the account's password reset. Let them know if you don't have the service book for that email address because I think they'll email the new password to it, and they'll need to resend the service books first.
    JerryD

IndoorGK00 no está en línea Stack level 2

I think it was the weekend before last when at&t was upgraded to BIS 2.3. It is very odd you are being asked for your Pin and IMEI. Did you possibly forget your login information for the BIS site? jdesala is right on with the information he gave you above. If you don't remember your login information call customer service and have them blow away your account and then it will allow you toenter your Pin/IMEI information so you can recreate your gmail account information. Good Luck!

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

What version of BIS were you on before you upgraded? Were you asked if you wanted to upgrade? How did you get to the upgrade page to enter your PIN/IMEI? Everytime I try to enter the BIS account I'm asked for my username and password, it's been that way for 2 years.

Rcbjr
    ~via My BB Curve (wap.pinstack.com)~

Kortanis no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24AA980E

Your carrier will always need to know both your PIN and your IMEI. The PIN associates your device onto the Blackberry network and of course the IMEI is still for your cellular network. Try rentering this information into your AT&T BIS account setup. You can find the correct numbers underneath the battery. Then re-register on the network and resend your service books.

I can't say for your other mail account, but also check Gmail to see if you have more than 400 total messages saved on your entire gmail account. Gmail has a quirky condition that it will stop forwarding POP mail at that point. If so, change your gmail POP settings to only forward mail from today on. There are also some other quirks that can happen, but I'll only type all that out should you get to that point.

abcomputin no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by Kortanis
    You can find the correct numbers underneath the battery.
    Or just go to options, status. Why pull the battery for that info?