This site is so AWESOME! Thanks to everyone who contributes! I'm brand new to the ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

hbeachum no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs up New BB'r-Custom profiles possible? Any free password/wallet software?

Advertisement

This site is so AWESOME! Thanks to everyone who contributes! I'm brand new to the Blackberry community with my first BB phone - Pearl via Cingular - BiS, not BES and the $30 data package. I switched to the Pearl mainly for one reason only - I wanted to stop lugging around my heavy, cumbersome Dell Axim X51 that never really worked well with the Internet and never many free wireless spots that would work. I was carrying it around for my grocery/to do list, Outlook contacts and notes. So...when i saw that the Pearl seemed to synch flawlessly with Outlook contacts according to most Amazon posts on the Pearl, I decided to go for it. The Cingular Smartphone 3125 was really the only other choice and it had very mixed reviews and was a flip phone which I don't like really.

Anyway, BYE BYE Axim X51 - I absolutely love the Pearl - was worth EVERY PENNY of the $200 and I love having my home email "pushed" to my phone 24/7. That's worth $30 p/mon just by itself and i think that being able to check traffic and maps on the road during a vacation will be worth it too.

My questions are: 1) Is there a way to create a custom profile? My work just sent out an email beseeching people to keep their phones on "vibrate" only with no ringtones allowed. I want to create a custom profile for just work that disallows any calls at all, including those from those in my contacts with customized rintones, to come through in this profile only. Then, on weekends and evenings, I can switch back to the "loud" profile which i prefer. The only way I can see so far is to choose "quiet" and then just uncheck all the many ringtones i have assigned? This isn't bad, just wondering if all the exceptions stay unchecked as I switch back and forth between profiles.

2) I would also like a free gatekeeper type of password protection software just to keep my many passwords all in one place. I have an Excel file for all this but I password protect it and when I email it to myself, it won't let me open it. I'd even pay if the software is minimal price and EASY to download and install. I don't want to wipe anything which seems to happen sometimes if you install programs i.e. Handango stuff.

Also, anyone know if a 2 gb card will work in Cingular Pearl? My rep who sold me the card said Pearl only takes 1gb card? Eh?

Thanks again to this great community! It's like notebookreview for those with a laptop computer.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Re: New BB'r-Custom profiles possible? Any free password/wallet software?

custom profiles...
    scroll to profile icon, click and scroll to advanced (its at the bottom)
    once in that menu, click the menu key (to the left of the trackball) and choose new profile

as for a password keeper, i know they are out there...check out the download section here and see if you can find one...

i'll search and post back here if i find anything

oh, and welcome to pinstack

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Quote Originally Posted by hbeachum
    Also, anyone know if a 2 gb card will work in Cingular Pearl? My rep who sold me the card said Pearl only takes 1gb card? Eh?
    Your rep is liar. 2gb cards work just fine. My 2gb card works just fine in my TMO pearl with .73 Cingular OS.

Edit: Pardon my manners, Welcome to the stacks!

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

oh...if you are running the 4.2.0.42 OS, you WILL only be able to use 1gb...anything after that will take 2gb.

to find out current OS
    options/about
    third line down