View Poll Results: Is the Pearl your first BlackBerry?

Voters
1268. Register free to vote on this poll
  • Yup, my berry first BB!

1,096 86.44%
  • Nope, I'm a CrackBerry addict!

150 11.83%
  • I don't own an 8100 yet.

22 1.74%
Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast

I am not a new BB user. I've had a 7230 and 7105t (Both T-Mo). ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

tkgeekwill no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23F5F200

Re: new BB users because of Pearl?

Advertisement

I am not a new BB user. I've had a 7230 and 7105t (Both T-Mo). I love these things.

BB> PPC

khaddem no está en línea Stack level 2

First time bb pearl. I did a lot of research on Cnet and compared the pearl against the blackjack and other unlocked smart phones. The only issue is the pearl does not record videos and the keybord is small for my fingers. But overall,i like it because it is fin,stylish and fun to have.I think i spent a little too much time playing with. Just like i can't wait for Nissan to make a all-wheel drive maxima, i can't wait for the RIM to make a pearl that can record videos and have a crowded keyboard. I also like pinstack forum because it makes valuable infos available versus waiting on the phone for a Tmobile rep to answer my call. The other cool thing is i like the fact that my friends dig my blackberry email address. No need to log on my laptop to read my email on yahoo or hotmail etc..Now they email me directly to my bb email addrss that i can view on my bb pearl!! go pearl!!One more thing: i can send my emails in french and german finally. I can now take a break from speaking and writing in english!!!
    Last edited by khaddem; 03-22-2007 at 12:43 AM.

aikenben no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23DEAC76

I'm sure this is sounding like a broken record but similar to a lot of people, I always wanted the functionality of a BB but couldn't accept the size. The pearl was enough to convince me to not only get a BB, but also to pay an early termination fee to switch from sprint!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

big.eds no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23EAB890

newbie here and im smitten.....fulfils MANY gadget cravings!

ALOHA ALL

OriginalLucy no está en línea Stack level 3

totally new to BB and it was the pearl, not by choice, but as a gift. It sure is a slick gadget. not sure if I will use all the capabilities, but the music/vid player sounds sweet. i will learn to love it.

b_d0za no está en línea Stack level 3

Definitely my first blackberry. I'm not into the big bulky ones because I don't use the email and stuff all the time, but I bet I might once I get a job as I am about to graduate with my bachelors degree in MIS. My last phone was a sony ericsson t637. If you know what it looks like then you know it's similar to the pearl. I loved that phone because it was small and sleek, which is why I like this one. And not to mention it has a lot of cool features such as mp3 player and expansion slot. I've wanted an mp3 player forever. Now I finally have one, and it's my phone. It plays videos excellent and I can't wait to get the bb internet going.

Jockobasi no está en línea Stack level 2

Getting the Pearl was my introduction to BB, and I must say I love it.

grahamy no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2436056d

This is my first blackberry. I was a treo and a big moto person while i worked for cingular. I never really cared for the larger sized bb's, even the treo was a bit too big for me, but im really happy with the pearl.

The size is great, screen's nice and clear, love the menu layout. I just wish the speaker was alittle louder and the camera was a little bit better. Atleast its not a VGA.Im also alittle dissapointed its not able to capture video, only play back.

iylove7130 no está en línea Stack level 1

I am guilty of being a BB user because of the pearl . I seen it on tmo site and fell in love with the look of it. Then I went to lets talk and seen that they had it for a steal and in white, yeah I fell hard. Long story short, I've had it for three days and I can't put it down.

nygrl no está en línea Stack level 1

I'm a new BB user also, just luv my Pearl . What person wouldn't love the Pearl !

Schufly no está en línea Stack level 3

As with others, I am coming from windows based phones. They got to be a big pain in the butt just to get anything done. I had the Dash as well as the other big HTC TMO full qwerty phone. Then I bought about half a dozen new and used versions of the 7100 family from ebay. I was never a big fan of the track wheel on the side. I've had my 8100 for a few months now and I'm pretty happy. There is a big learning curve with BB. My wife is happy that I quit buying phones. Not sure how I am going to tell her I'm thinking about an 8800! Thanks again to everyone for their help!!

cinberry no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23EDC7D7

This is my first BB. I love my new Pearl and everyday I'm finding more uses to help with work and my busy life style. My 17 year old daughter also had to have. The Pearl is really becoming a new (fashion) accessory for teens. She's mentioned a number of friends that have since purchased Pearls.

Chrysalis no está en línea Stack level 1

I certainly fit this bill! A Palm Zire 71 was my introduction to PDAs but the technology moves so fast I decided to jump on the smartphone bandwagon. Other blackberrys were toooo big. If the Pearl hadn't come along I'd be the proud owner of a Zire 72s..

superdad no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

an ex treo user.. now a hardcore pearl fan. yes it is my first bb.

rdc2000 no está en línea Stack level 2

In a way I'm very surprised at the big majority of first time bb'rs here. I say "in a way" because most longtime bb'rs seem to be snobs about the full sized keyboard. "I can't use that little thing" "Where's the trackwheel" I know, I was one of them. But I never got addicted to my 7290. Hated the size, the telephone interface, the screen, and a few other things I'm sure.

The media features aren't that critical to me. Even without them the Pearl should be a no brainer to anyone who depends on a phone and email and does not like to be weighted down by hockey pucks.

Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast