View Poll Results: Is the Pearl your first BlackBerry?

Voters
1268. Register free to vote on this poll
  • Yup, my berry first BB!

1,096 86.44%
  • Nope, I'm a CrackBerry addict!

150 11.83%
  • I don't own an 8100 yet.

22 1.74%
Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast

Yup. This is my first blackberry. I've been usin' Windows Mobile devices for a few ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Mi|enko no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204D1276

Re: new BB users because of Pearl?

Advertisement

Yup. This is my first blackberry. I've been usin' Windows Mobile devices for a few years, and wanted something new. Traded my MDA for my pearl.

peterbabiy no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    23DE41AA

I found this forum right after I bought my pearl. I have no idea how I even found it and how come I never heard of it before lol.

COJO 24 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23E89BE8

Same here except I found this site when I was looking for a pearl for cheap then I decided to become a member because it has a bunch of info and every question you have can be answered.

Kudos to whoever made the site and keeps it up and running daily. I think its Hayden but I'm not sure. Thanks again to whoever that person is,

COJO 24

jeffsterner no está en línea Stack level 1

I am a consummate early adopter of the latest/greatest cell/PDA phones. I owned an 8703 previously but lost it in a 32-row launch from my front row seat to the back of the airplane galley. Had no intentions of buying another because of how cumbersome the device was and it was annoying to use as everyday phone. I switched to Cingy and bought the Pearl because of the novelty and wanted to see how much I would DISlike SureType. Two weeks later, I'm a registered pinstack user, I managed to grab the JiveTalk beta, think SureType is better than most people think, and think Berry411 is still the greatest freeware application EVER! I'm here not because I'm a new BB user but because the Pearl deserves some recognition - even from a seasoned BB user.

verduinski no está en línea Stack level 1

Mark down another first BB user who took the plunge due to the introduction of the pearl. I always contemplated getting a BB but they were kind of big and toolish looking for my taste (no offense). I bought the pearl because it looks cool and fits in my pocket. Plus, I wanted more of a phone than a PDA/Email device so it is a nice compromise. I do dislike having to check for errors in my text ("see" and "are" is my biggest annoyance) due to the condensed keyboard, but I woudn't want a bigger device even if it meant having a full keyboard.

Now if I could just get the dust out of my screen.

Timbo

verduinski no está en línea Stack level 1

Oh and I love this site. My favorite part is that it's very informative and professional, not full of rants, gushing praise, or immature posts like some boards are. I credit the moderators for setting this tone. Also, it's not as geeky as I expected it to be. (Or maybe the BB has made me more geeky, so I can no longer tell? That very well could be.)

PIN/ID
    23DE41AA

Quote Originally Posted by verduinski
    Oh and I love this site. My favorite part is that it's very informative and professional, not full of rants, gushing praise, or immature posts like some boards are. I credit the moderators for setting this tone. Also, it's not as geeky as I expected it to be. (Or maybe the BB has made me more geeky, so I can no longer tell? That very well could be.)
    Welcome, glad u like it here...

lizm233 no está en línea Stack level 2

yes this is my first blackberry and its a pearl.. i like it except for the stupid trackball and ignoring calls n all that

PIN/ID
    23DE41AA

U dont like the trackball? Man, this probably one of the main reasons why I have this phone lol. I tink u're angry at it cause u scroll the ball and it highlights the ignore btn and turns off the phone right away right?

U can fix that by downloading the latest update which is .64

LLc0oLJ no está en línea Stack level 3

I always wanted to get a BB but never liked the bulky design but the pearls perfect it took me some time to get used to sure type but now it works almost flawlessly love it cant wait for a upgrade or next version

Papag no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24b0c8db

Thumbs up Re: new BB users because of Pearl?

I've been with TMO for 4 years, and used a SKII for 2 of them. The SKII has it's merits, but I got tired of carrying it, an iPOD, and a camera. I bought my pearl last month, and I am absolutely ecstatic about it. I like that it does every thing my SKII did and more, in a package that slips into my shirt pocket. Sexy has never been a word I would use to describe a gadget, but sexy is definately the word I would use to describe my white pearl.

1st time BB user, now BB user from now on.

Natasha no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ASK NICE

The Pearl is my first bb, and i am hooked! I would have probably returned it by now if it wasn't for everone from pinstack helping out. This site has been so helpful, so for that thank you!

clownfrog no está en línea Stack level 1

I just got the Red Pearl on Saturday with the unlimited data plan (only $40). I had a Razr before this and aside from looking nice it stunk. I was also looking at the crimson red treo 680 but that was more expensive even with the 2/yr contract extension and the data plan is $10 more/month.

I love the phone however really the only thing that bothers me is this thing's a fingerprint magnet.

gabrielcruzm no está en línea Stack level 1

Mi first BB, and i love it

shuteru no está en línea Stack level 2

Have had a 7290 for a couple years now, but didn't join until I got the pearl, mostly because the 7290 was a company phone and so I couldn't really do much to make it "Mine", but since the Pearl is Mine... Oh, it's ON ....it's so freaking ON... lol
    Brand new in Box - Nextel 7100i For sale !

Details HERE

Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast