View Poll Results: Is the Pearl your first BlackBerry?

Voters
1268. Register free to vote on this poll
  • Yup, my berry first BB!

1,096 86.44%
  • Nope, I'm a CrackBerry addict!

150 11.83%
  • I don't own an 8100 yet.

22 1.74%
Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~this is my first blackberry... BlackBerry Pearl forum

pearl-8100 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    245ac9c6

Re: new BB users because of Pearl?

Advertisement

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~this is my first blackberry

aaronb no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204D4295

this is my first berry and i've had it since march and I don't think i could ever go back to a normal "phone" ever again

riff_raff no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    26853B59

Hi everyone!
    Yes the Pearl was my first BB and I AM HOOKED.
    In 2 weeks it will be a year since I first bought mine and I am very impressed. I was never much into the whole smartphone thing as I only used Nokia's up until then- T-Mobile shops around here give them away with signed contracts- but I managed to work their organizer programs into my routine... then about a year ago the Nokia sustained some water damage so it was time for something new, their organizer was very basic and I needed more, I finally decided to give entrepeneurship a try, and I remembered a good friend that also had his own business had a BB- all this happened around the same time- so I went down to the local T-Mobile to look into getting one of my own. As soon as I seen the Pearl I knew it was exactly what I was looking for and I went for it! It served me very well after I tweeked it out to what I needed- there was some strange behavior here and there but nothing a battery pull couldn't solve...
    Sadly, it slipped out of my holster a coule of days ago and I'm dealing with the whole "white screen" issue, which is how I found this site- I was hoping I could find a way to fix it on my own without having to spring for the $110 deductable in getting it replaced- I was glad to find out I'm not the only one this has happened to.... unfortunately, nothing worked so I accepted it's more than an OS issue and I'm currently waiting for the replacement to get here. I will say, however the advice I found on this site is TOP NOTCH.
    BTW- being without my Pearl these past few days has left me feeling pretty weird- confused and awkward kinda- now I know why they call them CRACKBERRIES!

adam917 no está en línea Stack level 3

Well, this (Pearl) is my first 'smartphone' and I have to say I really like it. I'm still getting used to typing on a QWERTY as opposed to T9 keypad. I may need a new theme and to find a way to rid myself of all the icon clutter (stuff I eiether don't use or isn't high on the menu).

Can't wait till I get the Curve (8320). :-) I'm going to hsve to buy that extended battery in order to get any real use out ofr it, I'm afraid. Even my Pearl doesn't seem to hold up through the day with under 45 minutes a day phone usage and maybe an hour of web surfing. Not going to waste my money on the better battery when the new Curve is right around the corner.

:-)

aferstilo no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24194CBA

Reason i went BB was because of pearl!! n i think its best decision i ever made n for now on all i will ever have is BB

lindsey_lewin no está en línea Stack level 3

I'm new to the BB Pearl, I wanted something that has everything I use into one and this is it! Not had any problems (fingers crossed!) Had it for about 2mnths and I love the fact that I'm still finding new things to do on it!

yobrewerboy no está en línea Stack level 1

I don't know how I lived without a BB for so long. So glad I'm in and so grateful for pinstack (saved my a$$ too many times).

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28

it's amazing to see how many people came to blackbery because of the pearl! i see it everyday, the people at RIM were very smart at releasing the pearl at the time that they did, and it was great! a lot of blackberry cstomers were getting tired of not having a camera, wanted something small and were getting ready to jump ship and bam!!!!! here's the pearl! then there are all the newbies! they saw it and it was love at first site! i coldn't tell you the umber of blackberry pearl's i've sold since they've launched, and how many people i had to try and talk out of getting the pearl, just because of their lack of ability to use the device, or they wanted the device for all the wrong reasons.

it just attracted some many people, it's a great little device though

leskie no está en línea Stack level 1

Last spring my company switched from Treo to Bberry's and with that came a switch of who supported them. My dept got the bberry's. So my boss bought us all Pearls, but oddly, our customers could only use the 8800 or the 8700c! LOL!!! Tried them both to just to know the device, but I loved my Pearl. Mostly because of the cute *** pink theme I could download! We got the Curves in June and becuase of no theme option and it being too wide, I stayed with the Pearl.

Now I've left the company and started my own business, I bought the Pearl again, it's the only device I can stand, because it's thin and easy to use.

Now if I can just get that darned hotmail to quit doing updates and mucking up my email!!

leskie no está en línea Stack level 1

just to add: 724 new Pearl users??? WOW, that's incredible!

franfran no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23ECF3BE

the only phone that can make me switch at this point is the pearl 2 :]

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28

yeah the pearl 2 is sweet looking and has soem cool features, i'm waiting for the curve so i can replace my 8700g, and i'm still keeping my pearl

nickjoedotcom no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    30C1D19D

I have to agree that the Pearl has "consumerized" the BlackBerry ideal. My first was the 7100t years ago but in comparison it would be the Pearl equivalant for its time. (Alittle off topic but does anyone remember being able to change the color of the coverage LED on that phone? I wish they would bring that back.) I also work for a certain carrier that doesn't have the Pearl just yet. But everyday people ask when will it become available. Also my gf has been borrowing my Pearl for the chat cabilities now she wants one. Its definately the size since she completely rejected the idea of me getting her an 8830 ha sad but true. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

aprileubanks no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23F53C85

I was in IT for 8 years at a top 3 celluar carrier (i'm now in research) ... Prior to 2005 I'd at some point owned every RIM device and I hated them. They were just too bulky...

I used the Treo from 2005-2006... Loved the functionality but again, I hated the size.

Then in comes the Pearl. Small, functional, stylish, I love it. I'll stick with it and it's upgrades until something better hits the market.

rainydayz no está en línea Stack level 3

Thumbs up Re: new BB users because of Pearl?

Yes, this is my first BB ever and I love it already even though I just got it yesterday. I'm hoping to learn to do a whole lot with it...some of you guys' themes are awesome! Hopefully I can learn to do that one day. In the meantime, I'm just busy trying to get the hang of it. Looking forward to chatting with you guys!!