View Poll Results: Is the Pearl your first BlackBerry?

Voters
1268. Register free to vote on this poll
  • Yup, my berry first BB!

1,096 86.44%
  • Nope, I'm a CrackBerry addict!

150 11.83%
  • I don't own an 8100 yet.

22 1.74%
Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Here in Oz (Australia) BB's are a little slow to take off. We are an ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Spoook no está en línea BES Pro

Re: new BB users because of Pearl?

Advertisement

Here in Oz (Australia) BB's are a little slow to take off. We are an IT support company and only recently clients of ours have been asking about Blackberries. We did our first BES install about 6 months ago (I still have nightmares) and they all got 8707's. Held off myself for a while, but in the end couldn't resist the lure of the Pearl and the awesome BES Express deal. Now that I carry a Pearl around, HEAPS of my clients want one. I've done 6 BES installs in the last 6 months and more are on the way. I've even had clients that want the Pearl as a phone only! Some don't even bother with a Blackberry plan - they just like the look and the simplicity... (Drives me mad! How can you have a BB and not go for the functionality!) Our company became addics so fast and we're like born again Christians when we go to clients' now - we can't go on abouot them enough. Alsmost all our new connections are Pearls. My only gripe is the lack of 3G, but it's a small one... By faaaaaaar the best PDA / phone I've ever had...

mlilley01 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID

First BB... only went for it because of the size and ability of the machine, but dont think I'll be switching away from BB now. Love it to bits.
    Only down sides so far are not being able to display HTML emails, and err... err... not being able to display HTML emails!!!

babybookworm no está en línea Stack level 1

This is my first BB. I never thought to have one but work wanted me to have a phone and the Red Pearl is what they chose. I LOVE it. Now my husband wants one

Pearl_Diva no está en línea Stack level 2

Thumbs up Re: new BB users because of Pearl?

I probably wouldn't have looked at a BB if it weren't for the Pearl, I'll admit it! It's even thinner than I expected, wow! I'm impressed.

I also will now be looking forward to the Curve, which looks to be almost as thin. I love PDA phones, but the size is out of date for a lot of them.
    Phone junkie! I've tried all types EXCEPT Blackberry! So I'm a BB Noob, please go easy on me, LOL!! I now have 3 Pearls, I guess that means I'm officially an addict?

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Quote Originally Posted by love_this
    Yep. I'm a Pearl newbie.

I bought one because my wife wanted one. And if she asked me about it, I have to have one to know how to fix hers.

I truly HATE the keyboard, so I routinely use a Stowaway Shaste bluetooth keyboard that has it's own set of problems. Oh, yes. I hate the auto dim feature of the new OS that I stupdily loaded.

End of rant. Great support board here!

Or try this OS. http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ers_4_2_a.html

bigvo9 no está en línea Stack level 1

The Pearl is my first BB. I'm really into flip phones but i couldnt get away from the fact that the pearl is so light for a pda. My friend has a treo and it is much heavier than the pearl. I May have to stick with BB from now on.

KellyCooper no está en línea Stack level 1

I am not going to say it is my first blackberry but it almost is. I bought a 7520 because I was with Nextel and got seriously hooked on the Blackberry.....only Nextel sucks (at least in my area). Less than 2 weeks after getting my first Blackberry, I switched to T-mobile and got the 8100 and I couldn't be more happy.

jlane73 no está en línea Stack level 1

I alway's wanted a blackberry but I loved my Nextel flip phone's so much I never made the jump. Well when the pearl came out I could'nt resist, so not only did I change from flip phone's (10 years of nothing but flip's) but I also left my beloved Nextel after 6 years. Now the 8800 and the 8300 are calling out to me.

bzking no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23E46742

First time BB user. I was waiting for such a time as this when a solid PDA/phone melded with multimedia functions wrapped in coolness. I can't go back!!!
    BB Pearl user since 11/06
    Pin# 23E46742
    T-Mobile

j llama no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    4U2ASKME

First time BB user as well. Almost had my pearl a year now and I'm offically a Crackberry Junkie for life now

pakxelaos no está en línea Stack level 2

Yeah.... I was using BB very first time when the Pearl was born. Still loving it as it's getting older

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

New to BB here as well. Got a red Pearl and am in love with it
    after owning a V3 for many years. Will never look back.
    The Pearl is awesome! Looking forward to enjoying BB for
    many years to come.

shanedogg no está en línea Stack level 2

I am a new BB owner (its still in the mail, bought it online). Im really looking forward to using it. and Yes i choose to purchase my first BB because of the Pearl. I also did research on it a bit and spent time browsing this site to read what users thought ----> they love it!!

Im really impressed with the members here how everyone is SO friendly and helpfull!! ...unlike alot of other forums (sports and car related etc.)

I do have one question...
    Ive read all about different OS for the Pearl. Such as Italy and Rogers. Do i need to load one of these into my phone? What do they do and which is best? (Ive bought a locked rogers Pearl)

Thank you!
    Shane

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Quote Originally Posted by shanedogg
    I am a new BB owner (its still in the mail, bought it online). Im really looking forward to using it. and Yes i choose to purchase my first BB because of the Pearl. I also did research on it a bit and spent time browsing this site to read what users thought ----> they love it!!

Im really impressed with the members here how everyone is SO friendly and helpfull!! ...unlike alot of other forums (sports and car related etc.)

I do have one question...
    Ive read all about different OS for the Pearl. Such as Italy and Rogers. Do i need to load one of these into my phone? What do they do and which is best? (Ive bought a locked rogers Pearl)

Thank you!
    Shane
    First off Shane Welcome to the Stacks!

To answer you question, No you don't need to load one of the newer OS's to your phone. I would actually wait to do any real tinkering until you get use to the pearl first. Play around with it for a week or two and keep researching here on the forums. I'm not sure which OS the Rogers Pearl has out of the boxm but it should be just fine for you until you get the "bug" to start tinkering.

Everyone seems to be enjoying the Newest OS from Rogers actually. We aren't seeing as many bugs as the Italy OS. If you have anymore questions feel free to ask. I hope this helps.

CaCHooKa Man no está en línea Stack level 3

i just got my pearl yesterday. its my first blackberry. awesome phone. i still have my cingular 8125 though.