View Poll Results: Is the Pearl your first BlackBerry?

Voters
1268. Register free to vote on this poll
  • Yup, my berry first BB!

1,096 86.44%
  • Nope, I'm a CrackBerry addict!

150 11.83%
  • I don't own an 8100 yet.

22 1.74%
Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617 ... LastLast

yeah, I won't lie. I never even considered a blackberry for my mobile apps, which ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

BiggWedge no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: new BB users because of Pearl?

Advertisement

yeah, I won't lie. I never even considered a blackberry for my mobile apps, which for the most part, is just gaming and Media. When I first saw a Blackberry that was the size of a phone, I got excited. When I got a look at the specs and capabilities of the pearl, I lost control. This thing does everything except make sandwiches. Now if they would just give it a video camera...........

Always helps the price if you work for the phone company, for the device and the service.
    Last edited by BiggWedge; 04-21-2007 at 03:07 PM. Reason: Automerged.

pedroza no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23F123C7

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I am new to pinstack and fairly new to BB. I owned an 8700. Then switched to the pearl and couldn't be more pleased. It is an all around great device.

Dabbill no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24ADC49A

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~pearl is my first and now I think I am a crackberry addict

trixified no está en línea Stack level 1

Always wanted to get a bb.
    Pearl is my first.
    Having a few OS issues but otherwise the experience is enlightening.

If only Fido would let me use the pearl on their plans instead of me being stuck with rogers!

exilio no está en línea Stack level 2

Yep. New to BB because of the Pearl. I tried one a few years ago, but it was a brick and the OS/Features were lacking. The Pearl is the first phone to get me away from my Treo.

There are some tradeoffs, but that is true with any mobile phone/carrier. The BB Pearl exceeds the Treo in many ways.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by peterbabiy
    Its funny how some ppl tell me that they cant stand pearl cause its not running windows OS lol
    I hated windows mobile because it crashed too much. BB OS is much more stable and customizable. I had the 950, 7730, 7100t and 7105t before the 8100.I loved the 950 and the 7100 series but still want the 8800 and 7105t back for the times when my thumbs get tired of the small Pearl keypad.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073
    I hated windows mobile because it crashed too much. BB OS is much more stable and customizable. I had the 950, 7730, 7100t and 7105t before the 8100. I loved the 950 and the 7100 series but still want the 8800 and 7105t back for the times when my thumbs get tired of the small Pearl keypad.
    I'm still undecided as to which one exactly to get if I ever replace the Pearl. The compact size of the 7105t is a feature I need but I also need more space for typing.

Daiikun no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    242A31A6

I gotta admit that this is my first BB. I wanted one a long time ago but really didn't want to deal with the size of one (which has been a common complaint, I see) so when I saw the pearl and found that my basic Samsung D807 had horrible battery life, I decided to try it out. I swear that I will use this phone until I can kill it. It's just that great of a device.

Daiikun no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    242A31A6
    Quote Originally Posted by corkyvera
    The pearl is my first BB and im super excited. Ive learned alot from reading through alot of threads already. Its unfortunate that Cingulars plans for the BB are ridiculously expensive, but well worth every penny.
    If you go to your local Cingular store, ask about the 29.99 plan. If your not integrated with your company's BES server, it's not worth paying 45 a month.

peejay1784 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23F0B3C3

the pearl is my first bb. i love it. wish i got it sooner

CalaLily no está en línea Stack level 2

First BB and I'm definitely loving it!

imwillzillla no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2038A4B8

One thing i'm starting to notice about Blackberries in general is that it's starting to be "hip" to own one. Not only are the buisness types using them but you see pictures of Paris Hilton, Jessica Simpson among other Hollywood types whereas it wasn't as noticed before.

Not to mention I got my first 7100 because I saw Rev Run (MTVs Runs house) using one at the end of each episode sending out hundred of emails each day. Alot of other shows and various outlets are showing the younger generation using Blackberrys. So if there is a spike of new users i'm not surprised. They're promoting themselves to a younger audience now.

tiburon916 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2060FC81

im new to BB and so far i like it alot better then other PDA's with windows,only thing i dont like its the $$ for the data plans on BB's

axtapi no está en línea Stack level 1

My boyfriend has the 8700g and I thought it was kinda cool but it was just so bulky. When I saw the pearl for the first time and held it in my hand, I fell in love. I love everything about this phone. There's no going back to a crappy nokia for me! :-D

mudshovel no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask

This is my 1st BB and with that comes the newbie to the boards here too.

gotta say though, i've never had any knowledge that you could mod a phone so much. i don't think i could ever go back to a typical phone again. at least not if i have any say about it.

i agree with tiburon too. my bill is damn near $100 a mo. having a BB is expensive.