View Poll Results: Is the Pearl your first BlackBerry?

Voters
1268. Register free to vote on this poll
  • Yup, my berry first BB!

1,096 86.44%
  • Nope, I'm a CrackBerry addict!

150 11.83%
  • I don't own an 8100 yet.

22 1.74%
Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast

This is my first BB or smart phone of any kind. I'm still learning a ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

boomer79 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23df2588

Re: new BB users because of Pearl?

Advertisement

This is my first BB or smart phone of any kind. I'm still learning a lot about my phone on this site. I appreciate all the help I've been given.

mayt0pak no está en línea Stack level 2

I had a choice of getting the Blackjack or BB Pearl. I got the BB because my company uses a BES and I heard lots of problem with windows mobile phone. I'm glad I got the BB. No problem so far, it is working great.

quickberry no está en línea Stack level 1

Yes, this is my first BB. I switched due the Pearl, size. Many people still don't think I am using one. They see me on it and ask who I am texting : ) Plus, many still don't realize it has a camera. Hard to believe with all the buzz I have heard about it since before it even came out!

alexthomason no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E3505B

The pearl is my first blackberry device but i've been interested in them for a while. I think a lot of the interest has a lot to do with all of the competition in the pda/smart phone market driving down the prices. I've wanted one for a while and am so far happy with my choice. Within the last 24 hours I've learned to install programs using DM as well as OTA and convert jad/jar to cod to install as well as update the firmware to accept my 2gb microSD card, tho I can't for the life of me figure out how to access the pdf files on my SD card neither mobi nor beamberry seem to work correctly.

Defiance_7 no está en línea Stack level 1

I am not a new user but I am new to the site! has a lot of excellent information.

Bikertrash no está en línea Stack level 1

I couldn't pass up the opportunity to purchase the Pearl. It was the best "bang for the buck" at the store. Since finding this site last night, I'm hooked on the BB. I didn't fully realize what this thing could do.

BT

drew4flt72 no está en línea Stack level 4

Well, I wanted the RAZR when they first came out a few years ago and I wasn't gonna settle for anything else until I got one. I got one about a year and a half ago and thought it was the best thing since sliced bread. I've been with TMO over 2 years and have had no problems. A strange thing had occured to me while at the table in the breakroom. Everyone had there phone's out and everyone had a flippin' RAZR!!!!!

So, in October, I received an email from TMO (because I was eligible for upgrade) about the Pearl. I fell in love.....I just had to have it. It's such a beautiful phone. It's sleek and sexy AND it's smart!! Funny thing is, I would've never consider a Blackberry had it not been for the Pearl.....That's my story and I'm stickin' to it.

Ditch77 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    just ask

The pearl is my first. I never liked the size of the other BB's. This thing just rocks though! I am already getting in trouble for spending to much time playing with it.

[IFC]Area51 no está en línea Stack level 3

Im a CrackBerry addict now because of the pearl. I'm a first time BB user.

gritsinct no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

I'm also a gadget junkie but this is my first BB - I've always been interested in them but didn't like the size - then along came the Pearl. So far I'm loving it - think I'm a BB convert for life. This site is fantastic - I've learned a ton - THANKS!!!

baseballkyle no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask me

Quote Originally Posted by love_this
    Yep. I'm a Pearl newbie.

I bought one because my wife wanted one. And if she asked me about it, I have to have one to know how to fix hers.

I truly HATE the keyboard, so I routinely use a Stowaway Shaste bluetooth keyboard that has it's own set of problems. Oh, yes. I hate the auto dim feature of the new OS that I stupdily loaded.

End of rant. Great support board here!

you should try this OS - its great!

TMo-Italy 8100 OS 4.2.1.66

there are some minor bugs, but there are lots of enhancements IMHO. oh yeah you can fix that auto dim feature (albeit sacrificing battery life!) with this one

McLovin no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

this is my first BB device and i am loving it

switters no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    319E3227

The Pearl is my first Blackberry device as well. I was with Verizon with a windows based treo and switched over to T-Mobile for work. I was originally using a sidekick 3 due to it's ease of use for instant messaging. After 3 months I realized the sidekick is a toy and I needed something more substantial. Thankfully the Pearl had just been released.
    I'll never look back.

xbabiibri03x no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    24E6e59C

I love my pearl. i cant put it down.

ChefScott no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    212c6ad0

My first BB! Been with T-Mobile for a long time and was looking for more options for e-mail and IM. So far I love it

Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast