View Poll Results: Is the Pearl your first BlackBerry?

Voters
1268. Register free to vote on this poll
  • Yup, my berry first BB!

1,096 86.44%
  • Nope, I'm a CrackBerry addict!

150 11.83%
  • I don't own an 8100 yet.

22 1.74%
Page 1 of 24 123456 ... LastLast

I've been noticing that a lot of the posts in this forum are of Pinstack ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

squished18 no está en línea Stack level 3

new BB users because of Pearl?

Advertisement

I've been noticing that a lot of the posts in this forum are of Pinstack users with relatively few posts. Does this mean that the Pearl is bringing in a lot of new BB users? Would any Pinstack moderators have any observations about the increase in Pinstack members after the 8100 launch?

To add some perspective, let's do a poll. If you now use a Pearl, is this your first BB?

glehman85 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID

Re: new BB users because of Pearl?

i just replyed the same thing in another post a few min ago. lol

i think the pearl is for sure bring in new bb uses

realcomix no está en línea Stack level 2

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ the BB 8100 is the first phone I've bought but I did have the 7100 because I fixed it up after someone thought it was broken .. And I loved that POS phone ..

tsolly no está en línea Stack level 1

The 8100 is my first BB - as I'm not a case/holster guy, I always found the traditional BB size to be a little difficult in my pocket. Also, I've been a staunch supporter of Windows-based (mpx200-220, smt5600, HTC 2125, etc.) from the beginning but have always wanted the email support that only BB can offer. Sending/receiving email is possible on the Win phones but certainly is not as seamless as I've seen it to be w/ BB.

So far, I couldn't be more pleased with the Pearl and I wish I would've made the leap to BB service sooner. Coming from the traditional T9 predictive text used on the smaller Windows phones, I don't even mind the BB Sure Type that I'm sure is frustrating to hardcore full-qwerty users.

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Who knows. I would like to see the sell numbers for the Pearl. Here, everyone is still like "oh, what is that?" I have never heard of it.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

I'm surprised at the ratio right now. I figured that there would be a greater percentage of new users, based on reading the posts.

You need to change the Smilie for the "I don't own an 8100 yet" I'm not sad that I don't have one. I am sad that OS 4.2 is not out for the 8700 yet.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

merlik no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204AEA28

I'm not afraid to admit I am a new BB user because of the Pearl. I just never had a BB because I didn't want the giant brick in my pocket and really had no need for all of its functions yet. Now I have started my own company and the Pearl is very thin so I am all over it.

kurracee no está en línea Stack level 1

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I'm a new personal user, used to have a treo 600 and accidentally broke the screen so I wasn't planning on the switch but I'm liking my pearl!

SuzzyP no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask

i see alot of Pearl posting going on , on a daily basis. I hope that there are alot of new members. Means the site is helping people. That makes us happy.....
    SP[B]
    Sportin a kBerry Curve

pinkds no está en línea Stack level 1

First BB (pearl) and LOVE it. This site is awesome for info too

Dustman no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    31C59DD0

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i started with a 7290 and its been faithful but the other day it didn't survive a 2nd story fall so I got the 8100 cause it was all that my Tmo store had

JCIN no está en línea Stack level 1

BB Rookie here. Pretty much same reason...first BB I could fade the size of.

ernestdefoe no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    218D1F76

I am like alot of the new BB users in here that went with the Pearl because of the size. I had never been a BB fan in the past at all. I played with an 8700g when a guy from RIM came to one of the nearby T-Mobile Retail Stores and we all went for the training, and I liked the 8700 except for the size. I had considered getting a BB in the past just to see what all the buzz was about with all the crackberry addicts. When T-Mobile announced to the employess about the Pearl and we got our store demo in it was like love at first use. I fell in love with the phone. It is one sexy looking BB, plus had all the features I loved in my RAZR v3i, but had the e-mail capabilities I wanted. So I took the plunge and ordered me one since I had one more 40% initial discount left, and haven't looked back since. Even though I have only been using it for a few days I don't know what I would do without my BB Pearl. This thing is awsome. When I got my new BB in I started looking on Google for a discussion board that was dedicated to BB so I could learn more about it, and I found this site, and now I feel like I am at home. Thanks for all those that go into making this site what it is.

squished18 no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr
    You need to change the Smilie for the "I don't own an 8100 yet" I'm not sad that I don't have one. I am sad that OS 4.2 is not out for the 8700 yet.

Rcbjr.
    lol. Point taken.

Yup, interesting ratio. So far, about half of Pearl owners are new and half are loyal customers. Sample size is a bit small still, so if you haven't voted, we'd appreciate your input at the top of this thread!

TexRob no está en línea Stack level 2

I'm now to BBs, and my wife is getting one now too. I think she is going to be a freaking addict with the email checking.

You know what impresses me a ton about this phone, regardless of the BB functions, the call quality is as good as a landline for me. I've had a lot of cell phones, and have never owned one that sounded this clear and free of noise. I can make out people in the background at her work when I call her. Reception and clarity make this phone worth it regardless of BB functions. In otherwords, I couldn't be happier with all aspects of this device.

Page 1 of 24 123456 ... LastLast