hey just got a new BB and the media card says its not formatted, thing ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Hazcat no está en línea Stack level 1

New BB user, Media card wont format!

Advertisement

hey just got a new BB and the media card says its not formatted, thing is that when i try to format it, it wont do it.
    just comes up with a thing saying Media card formatting failed or something like that...

any clues?
    the media card does work becuase it was tested in another BB.
    Cheers

magellan0547 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    242E7D27
    are you trying to format it from your BB or from a PC? try formatting from within BB...go to options-->media card-->hit menu key-->(if connected to desktop manager already with mass storage mode in operation) choose remove media card option from menu; otherwise on to next step-->format and in a few moments to minutes it will be reformatted...hope this helps and welcome to the stacks

ok thanks i will try that,
    My computer wont reconginse the phone when i connect it to the BB, ive loaded the CD that came with the phone (desktop Manager and Blackberry Handheld) but it still wont let me connect to the phone.
    Thanks for your help.

actaully it seams the media card isnt working with my phone because when i try to bluetooth songs onto it (because couldnt transfer them via PC) it sill wouldnt let me...but i know its not the media card becuase we tested it on a different BB.
    is that just because the media card isnt formatted?

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    when you hook your phone up to your PC, go to drive C, if your PCs drive is listed AND your BBS drive is listed its recognizing it, if not you may have a bad card

oh when i hook it up, i does come up with removable disk, but it failes to open.

cuggi5 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23f53efa
    Wat size is it?~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Just got my media card back from the bloke i sold it to, he says it works fine..

i go into applications, then options, advanced options, media card..and it says media card cannot be read, varify that the media card is formatted.
    so i bring up option page and click format media card. It then says warnging. Media formatting media card will destroy and data stored. Do you wish to continue? I click yes, it takes a few moments and then it comes up with Media Card Format Failed.

Any ideas?
    cheers

arrgh! no está en línea Stack level 1
    I had the exact same thing with a 4Gb card. The 2 Gb card works fine. What size is yours?

its a 2 Gb card. Carnt find out what is wrong. any clues?

maz94protege no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    296C692F
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I formatted mine on the computer and it worked fine

and how do i go about formatting it on the computer? what do i need to download or whatever? cheers