Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hi All So glad to join this community as a new BB user! (I just ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

s2stephy no está en línea Stack level 1

New BB User experiencing painful problem!

Advertisement

Hi All

So glad to join this community as a new BB user! (I just got my pearl 3 days ago! )

My technical know-how is limited but please hear me out.

I have spent the last 10 hours trying to solve this problem by following the online solutions and searching over numerous forums, past posts and the bb website but to no avail. Here are the issues:

BB Info:
    BlackBerry 8110 smartphone
    v 4.3.0.39 (Platform 2.6.0.27)

1) Caught up in excitement about the possibilities of a BB, I tried to install just the CJX.alx (chinese language+input support) from [8100EastAsia_PBr4.5.0_rel52_PL2.7.0.55_A4.5.0.37_S tarHub] on my BB. Worked fine because after restarting my machine could now read the characters. However, the input didnt work so I tried installing it again but cancelled in the middle when I realized the desktop manager had said "remove" for some of the language packs I had just installed.

The result was I would get some error msg once I turned on my BB (which has since been resolved) but now the persistent problem is that every time I go to open Media, I get this message:
    "Error starting net_rim_bb_file_explorer: Module 'net_rim_ecmascript' not found."

Moreover, when I tried to downgrade my system as some posts I read suggested, I would get this message from my Desktop Manager (v 4.6) saying that I was missing the file "net.rim.platform.ecmascript" needed for the operation.

All the handheld device software I've downloaded is for GSM so I don't think that's the problem. I wanted to wipe out my OS with the JL_Cmder_v1.9.0 but after I installed it on my computer, I tried clicking on the shortcut and it says it doesn't exist! (I tried directly going through the file path and found that nothing was installed!)

I AM AT WIT'S END.

helpppp =( I want my music and photos and a phone that won't give me that darn error message!

Thanks in advance!

ray244190 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    askme
    I'm not the most knowlegable on this but just from what I read is that to see if you can do a wipe of your device and delete the software on your PC and reinstall it. Then reinstall your device thru DM. Again I may be wrong and I'm sure somebody will help a lot better.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

The thing is I wanted to do a wipe but the JL_Cmder_v1.9.0 doesn't seem to be cooperating with me! Are there any other alternatives to wiping?

PIN/ID
    askme
    Well... To be honest I'd be stumped also.
    How about some help there veterans of pin stack.

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava
    Quote Originally Posted by s2stephy View Post
    The thing is I wanted to do a wipe but the JL_Cmder_v1.9.0 doesn't seem to be cooperating with me! Are there any other alternatives to wiping?
    When you say not cooperating with you, can you be more specific?

Can you connect BB and get DM to recognize?

Follow my blog on how to wipe BB with JL_Cmder and do an OS reinstall
    and you should be able to resolve this issue.
    Sounds like you installed an OS with a corrupt file.

Also, if you have a media card installed, remove it prior to OS installation.
    Reinstall it after OS install is complete.

PIN/ID
    askme
    And it's Lava girl to the rescue!!!!
    Thanks for stepping in

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Does jl_cmndr work with Vista?

Quote Originally Posted by Lavagirl View Post
    When you say not cooperating with you, can you be more specific?

Can you connect BB and get DM to recognize?

Follow my blog on how to wipe BB with JL_Cmder and do an OS reinstall
    and you should be able to resolve this issue.
    Sounds like you installed an OS with a corrupt file.

Also, if you have a media card installed, remove it prior to OS installation.
    Reinstall it after OS install is complete.
    "I wanted to wipe out my OS with the JL_Cmder_v1.9.0 but after I installed it on my computer, I tried clicking on the shortcut and it says it doesn't exist! (I tried directly going through the file path and found that nothing was installed!)"

oh yeah =( i have vista

yes BB connects and is recognized by DM! That's not an issue

but uh-oh..i just took out the media card and now my DM/desktop doesnt seem to be detecting my BB!
    Last edited by s2stephy; 09-12-2008 at 08:34 PM.

Ridicule no está en línea Stack level 3
    umm...no-one else notice that he's running 4.3 code and trying to use the input support from a 4.5 distribution?

There's a reason these things are included in a software release...

s2stephy, if you want to use that input file, you really need to install the full OS / App's release on your device. (all of these files are tested to work together).

that's what i want to do but I can't even upgrade/downgrade my OS at this point..

Is there some reason that you can't just force the upgrade onto the device with desktop manager?

(Lavagirl's suggestion to wipe the device, then reload is a sound one).

If you don't have a backup - try to get one first (hopefully DM will at least let you do that).

Just saw your post on issues getting JL_Cmder loaded....maybe run the installer in compatibility mode??

Every time I attempt to upgrade/downgrade, the following message shows up after I click Next:
    "The Application "Blackberry 4.5.0 (or 4.2.0) Core Applications" cannot be loaded because some required files are not available."

In addition, I read Lavagirl's blog on wiping earlier today but when I tried to install JL_Cmder, the shortcut comes up white (is there an issue with it not installing on Vista?).

Thanks for your support!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast