Hi i am also new at downloading themes and games because i just got my ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Treatmeat no está en línea Stack level 1

New at Pinstack and need s few questions answered.

Advertisement

Hi i am also new at downloading themes and games because i just got my blackberry pearl 8130 last week. My first question is does all themes work with every kind of black berry or does a theme only go to one type? Also what does it mean when people do this "81xx"? Also can someone send me a link to a steelers them for my phone. Thanks alot.

SGZrazberry no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Just ask
    Hey welcome to the stack!...81xx is the 8100 series phone. The same goes foe the other model numbers. Themes are gruoped by model series and operating system on ur phone (as different OS upgrades are available for phones). If you look around the site you will find themes for ur phone and cam download them on ur comp (zip files) or if you have data u may download OTA over the air. U can search the site by keyword as well so search for steelers and I'm sure u will find something for ur phone. That should get u started. I've gotta go, but feel free to ask and other stackers will help out! Have a good one!~via smartphone~

Aleksrussian no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    30546CA8
    Go to options>> about the 4.X and some more numbers is the OS make sure you download correct OS themes

wuts OS mean?

PIN/ID
    30546CA8
    Operating system

Djmarbll no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    219C9716
    Quote Originally Posted by Treatmeat View Post
    Hi i am also new at downloading themes and games because i just got my blackberry pearl 8130 last week. My first question is does all themes work with every kind of black berry or does a theme only go to one type? Also what does it mean when people do this "81xx"? Also can someone send me a link to a steelers them for my phone. Thanks alot.
    Welcome to the board. First off, themes are usually device specific, and the devices that are compatible will be listed by model number. When people use "81xx", they're referring to any Blackberry 8100 (Pearl) series model. The reason " xx" is used at the end is because every carrier doesn't use the same last two digits for their Blackberry models. For example, the 8700 was released on the AT&T network, but when Verizon, T-mobile, and Sprint got the same Blackberry device, they called it different model numbers (8703, 8730, etc). So when someone puts a game, application, or theme up for the 8700, 8100, 8300, or 8900 models, they use only the first two digits and use "xx" to show the application works across several different carrier models. Sometimes this isn't always the case and carriers will have specific apps only for Blackberrys on their network. But most of the time, apps are universal. Hope this answers your question.

how do i know if something is universal also when i unzip a file and add it do my desktop what do i do from there?

PIN/ID
    30546CA8

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    If you are new to this and plan to download and install apps, themes and games to your BB via your desktop manager. You will need to install your devices operating system to your PC. Here is the link to find the latest for your 8130.

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Maybe this has been covered, but DO NOT download a 4.5 OS theme onto your device if your device is 4.2 or 4.3-bad things happen, you will get to see your pretty red led light and the hourglass on your screen. ~via 9000~

PIN/ID
    30546CA8
    Lol chokem don't make it sound appealing now I'm tempted to do it lol!