Hey Guys & Gals, Just wondering about the new apps I d/l (ie. xPlayer, calculators, ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

jay_man33 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    301DFD64

New Apps & Default Apps

Advertisement

Hey Guys & Gals,

Just wondering about the new apps I d/l (ie. xPlayer, calculators, etc).

Do they run independently or are they attached to the previous/original app?

Sooo....if I have xPlayer and want it, can I just delete the default player without damaging xPlayer? Can I delete the default calculator if I have gCalc?

Any help would rock!

THANX!
    Best of Luck!

JM
    301DFD64

ma077146 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3019F3E6
    Howdy Jay, sounds like you're asking if 3rd party applications run independently of the native RIM Applications. Yes they do.

I don't know if you can delete some of the applications RIM provides. I know you can delete Voice Activated Dialing, Task Pad, Blackberry MDS, but I don't think you can delete the media player, Blackberry Browser, etc. They're part of the OS.

It's a lot like have a pc with Micro$oft Windows for the OS. You can download the FireFox Browser, and the Thunderbird email client, but you cannot remove Internet Explorer or Outlook Express.

salbo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31884ae9
    I removed iexplorer on my computer and used ff only....but your right I can't delete outlook as well as some apps on the berry but I love the berry so I don't mind if she gets a little stubborn on me~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    3019F3E6
    Quote Originally Posted by salbo View Post
    I removed iexplorer on my computer and used ff only....but your right I can't delete outlook as well as some apps on the berry but I love the berry so I don't mind if she gets a little stubborn on me~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    How did you remove IE? Please share the secret!

kingdustin no está en línea Stack level 1
    To remove IE, just go into your Windows Control Panel to run Add or Remove Programs.....then simply click on the Windows Services tab, and IE is listed in that tab. (first post BTW)

PIN/ID
    3019F3E6
    "Hidden" in plain sight! I would never have looked there.